Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Anyone see this yet? I saw it last night. It was pretty good!

I forgot most of the book so I couldn't compare that well.

The last and most important scenes were ruined for me because the theater next to the one I was in was showing Transformers and it was soooooooo loud. I could barely hear what was going on in HP.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this movie was the best one so far. The actors and actress who play the main roles (Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson) have never really been great at acting however, they really did a decent job in this one. Lots of stuff from the book was absent, but understandably because of their time limitations.

I'll be honest, the end saddened me as much as the book did when I first read it.

This is coming from a Harry Potter nerd of 10 years now...I may be a little biased :)

Guest kylewilliam

saw it on opening day... loved it, though it left out huge huge huge subplots from the book, like tons. though i guess it is fair to consier the book and movie two different series.

terrible movie.

left out the MOST important plot points of the entire series (book AND movie) and added in stupid scenes that have no bearing on anything.

i probably read through the entire series every 8-10 months or so, but this movie was just awful. i was so excited to see it too. such a bummer. good thing the next movie is going to be broken up into two parts, but i don't know how they can reconcile some of the very important things that solve the entire series that were left out of this one.

i'm getting the deathly hallows tattooed on me. stoked. i also saw this at the midnight showing. it was...interesting.

terrible movie.

left out the MOST important plot points of the entire series (book AND movie) and added in stupid scenes that have no bearing on anything.

i probably read through the entire series every 8-10 months or so, but this movie was just awful. i was so excited to see it too. such a bummer. good thing the next movie is going to be broken up into two parts, but i don't know how they can reconcile some of the very important things that solve the entire series that were left out of this one.

yes, yes. this is it.

I agree that it left a lot out. I wouldn't say the most important plot points, though. You have to take the movies for what they are worth. They obviously can't compare to the books, but theyre still a good watch.

I agree that it left a lot out. I wouldn't say the most important plot points, though. You have to take the movies for what they are worth. They obviously can't compare to the books, but theyre still a good watch.

SPOILER ALERT IFYOU CARE

they left out how voldemort came upon the hogwarts treasures/horcruxes. as of RIGHT NOW in the movies, harry has no idea what any of the horcruxes are. i'd say that's pretty important. by the end of the sixth book, harry knew what all of the horcruxes were.

also i know you can't take the movies exactly like the books, but these are crucial plot points we are talking about. i am not sure how they will show harry finding out what voldemort used as horcruxes.

i like the movies, a lot actually, but when it comes to the nuts and bolts kind of stuff that is vital to the series i expect them to stay true to it (as they have in past adaptations). that didn't happen in this one. that is why i thought it was bad.

HUGE FUCKING SPOILER ALERT (about horcruxes)

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING? SPOILER ALERT!!!!

DKLFJSDL:KJ

SPOILERS

essentially a horcrux is a sometimes random, mostly not random object that a person divides their soul into in order to stay immortal in some form. a person can only divide their soul by committing an act of murder. voldemort divided his soul into seven objects, and can only be killed after those objects are destroyed.

i like the movies, a lot actually, but when it comes to the nuts and bolts kind of stuff that is vital to the series i expect them to stay true to it (as they have in past adaptations). that didn't happen in this one. that is why i thought it was bad.

HUGE FUCKING SPOILER ALERT (about horcruxes)

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING? SPOILER ALERT!!!!

DKLFJSDL:KJ

SPOILERS

essentially a horcrux is a sometimes random, mostly not random object that a person divides their soul into in order to stay immortal in some form. a person can only divide their soul by committing an act of murder. voldemort divided his soul into seven objects, and can only be killed after those objects are destroyed.

wow, thats pretty bad-ass.