Leatherface

Frank, I've said it before, that is an unbelievable collection ^

Looks like we're going to be fighting for the same Jessie 7"s :(

You should also pick up the FC St Pauli ist schuld 2xLP and We are the People comps

And I´ve said it also before Stefan, yours is also superb ;)

nah, I don´t wanna fight for those Jessie 7"s, if I come across them cheap, I´d probably pick em up, but not for top prices. There are other collections I´m doing that have more priority than Jessie.

Although I´d really like to fill the missing gaps in my LFC collection, but most of them are TPs and very hard to locate.

Hmm, what else am I missing? Can´t think of anything else than TPs, Jessie 7"s and some comps....

Heh! You 2 can both fight over my extra copy of the Jesse / H3C split...

Think the only Leatherface record I'm missing is the Jawbox split LP on colored.

And to throw my 2 cents in Mush is essential for everyone to own, though I got into Leatherface by picking up the Do The Right Thing 12" (it's a single off of Minx) and that remains my favorite song of theirs. I never understood the fuss over Minx's recording quality, I think it's an outstanding record and I'd rank it as #2 on my list after Mush.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stefan, just curious, how much do you had to pay for your Eagle 7" and the Smokey Joe 12"? I find those very hard to find...

Found Not Superstitious for 8pounds (like 8$ at the time) at a random store in London in 1998. I think I paid $20-25ppd for Eagle on Ebay in 2000. Beerpig cost me the most.

Hey Stefan, just curious, how much do you had to pay for your Eagle 7" and the Smokey Joe 12"? I find those very hard to find...

Found Not Superstitious for 8pounds (like 8$ at the time) at a random store in London in 1998. I think I paid $20-25ppd for Eagle on Ebay in 2000. Beerpig cost me the most.

those are great prices. my best buy was the Mush testpress for 30 DM what was like $15 back then :D

I paid the most for Mush ($100) and Eagle ($75) Seriously a minth after I bought eagle some dude found a box of 50 of them or something and flooded the market, bringing the price way down.

I counterbalance that with some really good deals. I found Minx +7" in a record shop in england for 5 pounds, Got beer pig for 7-8 pounds, Compact and Bijou wasn't pricey, but it was really hard to find. I ended up trading some dude in Japan for it (sent him some doubles of early D4 7"s I had). Got Smokey Joe for 10 bucks. SO it balances out to a moderately affordable collection. I filled most of it out on that trip to England in '97.

Man, maybe I'm crazy but right now I'm listening to Cherry Knowle more than anything. It's so raw and intense. Their whole catalog is amazing, but there's something about CK that I'm absolutely in love with.

I´m just saying: Discipline - Postwar product - Gabbage Case - Colorado Joe....

Ahhh, Discipline is such a great song

Damm, I´ve been spinning FLC records most of the time for the last two days, I mean since this thread started. I´m totally hooked again...

Kyle, do you know the Discipline version from the "Seconds out" LP?

Even better than the CK version

• 9 months later...