I hate record pressing plants.

They all need to take some courses in customer service. Fuck. At least the ones I've dealt with. I am currently pressing a record with Rainbo and I approved the tests on June 29th. I haven't really heard anything from them since, except to ask me to resend my credit card information that they apparently lost so they could charge the deposit. So last night I email them asking if they had an estimate on when I should be getting my records. I get an email back that says "We expect this order to be completed this week..." Sounds good. Then like 30 mins later I get an email that says "We are still waiting on test approval so we can run these records. Are they approved?"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I sent them back the email that they sent me confirming the tests being approved almost a month ago. I wish that they would treat me like I'm sure they treat clients pressing thousands of records. Oh, not to mention I asked for 30 test presses because we were going to sell them as a tour press since the records were not going to be back in time for the tour...After I had made 30 special covers for those tests, they sent me 4.

Sorry for this rant but I am pissed. I have been hearing nothing but bad news about plants screwing up orders.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest afsdan

Rainbo treated me great. their final product was far superior to any plant I've ever dealt with.

sometimes things happen kids. there's only a handful of pressing plants out there, and every kid with a trust fund wants to press a 7" from their fucking radical garage band, and it clogs up the works at the select few remaining US/US brokered pressing plants.

They all need to take some courses in customer service. Fuck. At least the ones I've dealt with. I am currently pressing a record with Rainbo and I approved the tests on June 29th. I haven't really heard anything from them since, except to ask me to resend my credit card information that they apparently lost so they could charge the deposit. So last night I email them asking if they had an estimate on when I should be getting my records. I get an email back that says "We expect this order to be completed this week..." Sounds good. Then like 30 mins later I get an email that says "We are still waiting on test approval so we can run these records. Are they approved?"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I sent them back the email that they sent me confirming the tests being approved almost a month ago. I wish that they would treat me like I'm sure they treat clients pressing thousands of records. Oh, not to mention I asked for 30 test presses because we were going to sell them as a tour press since the records were not going to be back in time for the tour...After I had made 30 special covers for those tests, they sent me 4.

Sorry for this rant but I am pissed. I have been hearing nothing but bad news about plants screwing up orders.

don't apologize for the rant pal, you have a right to be pissed.

I bet you're dealing with Manny, right? Yeah, he's pretty much worthless. Call the plant and tell them you are one of Manny's customers and you want to talk to someone above him. When I called they transferred me to the owner who was very willing to hear my complaints and extremely eager to make it right in any way he could. He shipped my records to me for free, which saved me $50, a very nice gesture indeed. The fact is, if you're dealing with Manny this is nothing new and they're aware that he's lazy/dumb/whatever. Call and make your complaints known to someone higher than him. The guy I spoke to was VERY nice so at no point did I yell, threaten or lose my temper. I calmly described my frustrations and he took it from there.

Rainbo is a good plant, but unfortunately Manny is a jackass and is leaving a lot of unhappy customers in his wake. I will most likely use them in the future but I will be using a different rep.

Rainbo treated me great. their final product was far superior to any plant I've ever dealt with.

sometimes things happen kids. there's only a handful of pressing plants out there, and every kid with a trust fund wants to press a 7" from their fucking radical garage band, and it clogs up the works at the select few remaining US/US brokered pressing plants.

Come on, drop the whole old-wise verteran label guy thing. It doesn't matter if it's his first record or his 100th record, he has a right to adequate communication and a rep that knows what the hell is going on. Rainbo is a good plant, but they do have a really bad apple over there giving them a bad rep. Manny will straight up ignore emails and messages for weeks at a time. I know of a couple bigger labels that stopped using Rainbo because of Manny and a couple others that are still using Rainbo but they refuse to deal with Manny.

i'm using bill smith now. any problems with them?

I've only heard good things, but man, they're expensive.

My next record is an LP and I'm going to have it mastered by Dave Eck at Lucky Lacquers, then plated at Mastercraft and then pressed at A&R. They have OK prices and they're supposed to be really good, so we'll see.

i'm using bill smith now. any problems with them?

My next record is an LP and I'm going to have it mastered by Dave Eck at Lucky Lacquers, then plated at Mastercraft and then pressed at A&R. They have OK prices and they're supposed to be really good, so we'll see.

thanks. i wouldn't really know, i'm new to this whole thing, haha. i heard good things so i figured i'd just go with what i heard was good.

Yep it's manny. I will definitely be calling to talk to someone asap.

And by the way, if you were implying that I am using a trust fund to press a shitty 7" you need to get off your high horse. This may be only the 2nd record I have pressed but it's the 2nd plant I've had to deal with that has treated me like shit. And all the money put forth for this release has been saved little by little from my stupid job. Thanks.

Yep it's manny. I will definitely be calling to talk to someone asap.

And by the way, if you were implying that I am using a trust fund to press a shitty 7" you need to get off your high horse. This may be only the 2nd record I have pressed but it's the 2nd plant I've had to deal with that has treated me like shit. And all the money put forth for this release has been saved little by little from my stupid job. Thanks.

Dan, I say this with no irony and no mocking tone:

don't let the bastards get you fuckin' down!

thanks. i wouldn't really know, i'm new to this whole thing, haha. i heard good things so i figured i'd just go with what i heard was good.

I am using them right now and have had nothing but problems with every aspect of them. I will never use them again and never recommend them to anyone.

Guest afsdan

Come on, drop the whole old-wise verteran label guy thing. It doesn't matter if it's his first record or his 100th record, he has a right to adequate communication and a rep that knows what the hell is going on. Rainbo is a good plant, but they do have a really bad apple over there giving them a bad rep. Manny will straight up ignore emails and messages for weeks at a time. I know of a couple bigger labels that stopped using Rainbo because of Manny and a couple others that are still using Rainbo but they refuse to deal with Manny.

I'm not referring to Danalive as a trust fund label, I am referring to the overabundance of trust fund labels clogging up the works.

But yes, sometimes shit happens, like with any company. I stopped using United cuz they did shit waaaaaaaay crazier than any of the shit described here. But, they still treat certain labels/bands/people very well. Same goes for all plants. And I am hardly a wise-label guy. After 8 years, I know less and less.

I'm not referring to Danalive as a trust fund label, I am referring to the overabundance of trust fund labels clogging up the works.

But yes, sometimes shit happens, like with any company. I stopped using United cuz they did shit waaaaaaaay crazier than any of the shit described here. But, they still treat certain labels/bands/people very well. Same goes for all plants. And I am hardly a wise-label guy. After 8 years, I know less and less.

Yeah, I've heard some bad things about United, and really every plant is prone to issues. However, Manny has a history of poor-communication and is upsetting a lot of people. This is more than just shit not going right, this is one dumbass who can't do his job. Rainbo produces a superior product (in my mind) and they took care of me after describing my problems with Manny, but I do have to fault them for continuing to stick with the guy even after all of these issues. My hope is that more people will voice their issues with the people at Rainbo so that they can take care of the issue once and for all.

I am using them right now and have had nothing but problems with every aspect of them. I will never use them again and never recommend them to anyone.

oh, i thought you were saying you had no problems with them when i asked before.

Manny never responded to questions I asked through email but everything went smoothly. I was overcharged for shipping by about $100 and I called the owner and he is seriously the nicest guy ever and took care of everything and refunded me the money. I will have no problem using them again and the records they gave me sound amazing.

I agree with everything kyle corn says about Rainbo. I'll probably request to work with someone other than Manny next time just because I never really got answers from him, Jerome on the other hand was super helpful.

I know of your problems and just like every other thing people always do have different experiences. I apologize for the fact of hyping them up to you and it not working out the way you wanted it to be. However, I have never had nothing but good things in my experiences with them. Granted I'm not dealing with shipping issues but both Dennis and Kevin have been superb in every aspect. I actually just spoke with Dennis today and I get nothing but good results.

I just can't see myself using anyone else. The biggest advice I can ever give to folks that use Bill Smith is don't ever email them. Give them a call, there has never been a time where I haven't been able to get a straight answer immediately on any question.

They've made things very easy and convenient for me. For that I'm extremely grateful.