JOEY CAPE / MIKE HALE Under the Influence Announce

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

We are excited to announce the eleventh release of our Under the Influence series. The series finds bands we love recording songs that have influenced their song writing. The artwork has been put together by the very talented Mitch Clem and Nation of Amanda who have been asked to make their own renditions of the album art that the song being covered originally appeared. For this eleventh release, Joey Cape is covering “Watch Me Bleed” by Tears for Fears and Mike Hale is covering “Turnstile” by Hot Water Music. The 7″s will come with a coupon that will allow you to download the tracks as mp3s. I am still contemplating exactly how many to press and what colors to press them on as so many of our UTI's have gone out of press much more quickly than I would have liked. I have also decided that instead of glue pockets, we will be packaging this and future editions of the Under the Influence 7" series on folded 7" jackets.

The Pre-order will be posted Thursday, July 30th. On this day, we will also be pre-ordering Volume 10 (O Pioneers / New Bruises) and Volume 12 (Kevin Seconds / Kepi Ghoulie). Expect announcements soon with artwork, track, and pressing information soon.

Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 are all out of print (some copies are still circulating at various distros). Volumes 6, 8, and 9 will soon be out of print. Volumes 1-10 will be compiled as a limited edition CD pressing. Still figuring out how to put together the artwork for the CD release. Suggestions? Should we also release the first 20 tracks on vinyl? thoughts? Listen to the tracks from the first 9 volumes and view all the amazing art on the Under the Influence page http://www.vinylcollective.com/under-the-influence-series/ we have set up. Although most of the 7"s are out of print, you can still find the digital tracks on your favorite digital site (Itunes, Emusic, Amazon).

Guest Admin

wanted to run an idea by you friends. What if when we put together the album version of the Under the Influence series, we make the cover art Mitch's rendition of a classic compilation such as someone got their head kicked in or fat music for fat people? I never like when compilations just put the cover arts of all of the 7"s as the cover. Know that we will print every cover art inside the liner notes but I am just talking about the cover art.

wanted to run an idea by you friends. What if when we put together the album version of the Under the Influence series, we make the cover art Mitch's rendition of a classic compilation such as someone got their head kicked in or fat music for fat people? I never like when compilations just put the cover arts of all of the 7"s as the cover. Know that we will print every cover art inside the liner notes but I am just talking about the cover art.

into this idea

into this idea

Virgil, I like the idea of the compilation artwork! Also, considering the first handful of volumes are already of out of print, a small LP run wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe just like 500? or even only 300 or 400?

Also, the Mike Hale looks like it'll be my favorite so far. Mitch Clem really out did himself on that one and that song is one of my fav. songs of one of my fav. albums.

I can't wait.

Hell yeah, that's a good idea! I nominate "Let Them Eat Jellybeans".

[image]

I am still contemplating exactly how many to press and what colors to press them on as so many of our UTI's have gone out of press much more quickly than I would have liked. I have also decided that instead of glue pockets, we will be packaging this and future editions of the Under the Influence 7" series on folded 7" jackets.

But I am assuming you are still keeping a low /300 color regardless...May as well keep a ltd of 300 color all the way thru the series.

And your idea for LP cover is a yes.

Guest Admin
Hey Virgil any word on if you will let the people who bought subscriptions renew them??

I am leaning towards no, because it has been a pain in the ass for us. Will see how the next few go.

I never recieved my subscription 7"s of the /300 and /700 on the Lemuria/OWTH UTI. I only got the /1000 color which I ordered seperately. Do I need to email someone?

same thing for me, but I think they just shipped. I emailed Andy and he was aware of it already. Email couldn't hurt I guess

Guest Admin
watch me bleed was a cover that bad astronaut did but never surfaced...i wonder if this is that version?

didn't know that, but this is a new recording by joey

Guest Admin
we make the cover art Mitch's rendition of a classic compilation such as someone got their head kicked in or fat music for fat people?

What about a VC/SH version of Mailorder is Fun? A nice nod to Mike Park and we would get to see thr ugly mugs of 3 VC employees ;)

that is an amazing idea. 1. because Mike Park is our good friend and 2. because that compilation was so good. Mitch is working on a few ideas for a cover art and I will run this one by him. I think doing one of the Fat Comps is crucial, too.

Guest Admin
I never recieved my subscription 7"s of the /300 and /700 on the Lemuria/OWTH UTI. I only got the /1000 color which I ordered seperately. Do I need to email someone?

same thing for me, but I think they just shipped. I emailed Andy and he was aware of it already. Email couldn't hurt I guess

email andy, but I am pretty sure we just sent out all of them on Monday. A box of the Two Cow/Jr Jugg splits were shipped to Flood and Flood had to resend them back to us; we just got them. But yes, email andy if you want to know for sure.

email andy, but I am pretty sure we just sent out all of them on Monday. A box of the Two Cow/Jr Jugg splits were shipped to Flood and Flood had to resend them back to us; we just got them. But yes, email andy if you want to know for sure.

Thanks! If they dont show up in a few days, Ill shoot an email over.

Guest Admin
i wish these releases were more spread out- i don't have money for all three.

you end up saving a few bucks on shipping if you buy all 3 together.