The lets talk about metal thread

Guest kingbuzzo
Metal playlist as of late:

Down - II

Sepultura - Under A Pale Grey Sky

Obituary - Cause of Death

Fear Factory - Demanufacture

I've been rocking a lot of Down lately after the tour with the Melvins was announced. I also just found my copy of "Demanufacture" the other day.

I've been on a black metal kick at work. The newest 1349 has been getting a lot of rotation as well as Weakling. I also just picked up this two disc discography from Masochist that I wasn't aware existed. The new Hiems record is calling my name too.

Has anyone here listened to the newest (2008) Cradle of Filth album? I didn't even realize it was out and haven't liked their last few but I'm enjoying it. Pretty heavy while retaining the silly elements I liked on "Damnation and A Day" and "Midian." Sometimes the female vocals can get a bit trying but overall it's not bad I think.

Guest kingbuzzo
I recently tried listening to Sunn 0))). I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I went w/ Monoliths and Dimensons...are there any other records that are different/more accesible?

You may try "Black One" but if you had trouble with "Monoliths & Dimensions" I'm not sure how much you'll get into it. I thought "M&D" was their most accessible album so far.

Today, while working on my VERY METAL BOOK, I checked out the new Torture Killer, "Sewers," and Illogicist's "The Inisght Eye."

Torture Killer is straight, heavy, death metal, and Illogicist is your somewhat typical Willowtip band: technical but brutal.

Also - earlier in the week I rocked my new LP copy of Malevolent Creation's "Warkult," courtesy of Night of the Vinyl Dead:

nightofthevinyldead.com

This weekend my friends and I went on a camping trip and listened to the first four Metallica records on our drives to and from our location. We also decided we are going to start an 80's Metallica cover band which will include us all wearing wigs, Misfits shirts and denim vests. Shit's going to rule.