DEPRESSION

does anybody know any good sites/messageboards for people to discuss their depression? this is something i am not use to and since i don't really have anybody i can talk to about that kinda stuff. if anybody has gone through this and can recommend something, please let me know.

thanks

joe

Guest kevinb
you should consider seeing a professional and not relying on the internet to solve this, i feel for ya man, but if you're having serious depression issues, seek professional help and if necessary, get medicated.
I'm not speaking on you're behalf but I must say I fucking hate when people assume you need to resort to medication to solve depression that isn't always the case.

I had a friend that did that & used it as an excuse for everything and it pissed me the fuck off.

I am dealing with depression right now and I know why it's because I'm not doing shit with my life & I need to keep myself busy and start accomplishing my goals.

That was the problem with my friends brother he did nothing but sit around and mope all day, but did nothing about it.

it got to the point where he would blame everything on his depression & cry his way out all the time

he drove all of his friends (all the 3 or 4 that he had) away. He went from my best friend to someone I hated.

I don't know what you are dealing with Joe but I guess just keep that in mind you don't need to resort to medication right away.

you should consider seeing a professional and not relying on the internet to solve this, i feel for ya man, but if you're having serious depression issues, seek professional help and if necessary, get medicated.
I'm not speaking on you're behalf but I must say I fucking hate when people assume you need to resort to medication to solve depression that isn't always the case.

I had a friend that did that & used it as an excuse for everything and it pissed me the fuck off.

I am dealing with depression right now and I know why it's because I'm not doing shit with my life & I need to keep myself busy and start accomplishing my goals.

That was the problem with my friends brother he did nothing but sit around and mope all day, but did nothing about it.

it got to the point where he would blame everything on his depression & cry his way out all the time

he drove all of his friends (all the 3 or 4 that he had) away. He went from my best friend to someone I hated.

I don't know what you are dealing with Joe but I guess just keep that in mind you don't need to resort to medication right away.

i hate you.

Guest kevinb

i hate you.

yeah.

uh, going and talking to someone doesnt result in getting put on medication. Just because you dont need to talk to a professional does not mean Joe doesnt. depression is different for everyone, and because you have a "friend" like you described doesnt mean everyone will be like that.

Joe, if you are feeling depressed, I really do urge going to talk to someone professional, its not like you HAVE to fill out the prescriptions if they were to give you one...

Guest kevinb

uh, going and talking to someone doesn't result in getting put on medication. Just because you don't need to talk to a professional does not mean Joe doesn't. depression is different for everyone, and because you have a "friend" like you described doesn't mean everyone will be like that.

Joe, if you are feeling depressed, I really do urge going to talk to someone professional, its not like you HAVE to fill out the prescriptions if they were to give you one...

and that is why I said I wasn't speaking on his behalf. meaning yes like you said talk to someone first don't assume right away you have to go on meds.

I know not everyone is the same I was just giving an example.

Try & target what is causing the depression, work on it and if nothing is resolved get help.

i was actually looking into a professional. if i can't fix it myself than maybe. i never get like this so it's an all new feeling. ithought it could be mono. i had that in high school. felt like i didn't want to do anything, was never hungry. the plus of that was i lost 30lbs, nice.

Best of luck. Getting shit done does help a lot. I think I'm going to go home and clean the whole place and finish unpacking. I want to get all my books and records situated. Seeing progress does wonders. Jobs can get you stuck down in this place where you don't see much progress to your work. I hate that.