13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chelsea - Barca was the most ridiculous game i've ever seen. Real or Bayern will give them possession, though and that's what they were lucky with tonight, they park the bus and let Barca pin them down, no risk of being caught on the counter. If they are caught by Ribery/Robben or Ronaldo/Di maria/Ozil in the final they're going to be in trouble and i don't think they're good enough to play an open game against either of those two teams.

It'll be a rough game for Chelsea, especially without Terry (and possibly Luiz and Cahill), Ramires, and Ivanovic. That doesn't leave anyone to watch Gomez, let alone the wingers. But Bayern will be without two of their back four and their defensive midfielder.

I just hope it's a good game to watch.

Bad luck for Newcastle if they end up in fourth and Chelsea go on to win it.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe chelsea won that. Have been trying to decide all week what i'd rather happen: chelsea win and spurs miss the champion's league or chelsea lose. Luckily i'm pretty happy with spurs missing out even though i'm gutted to see chelsea win.

But i will say this: John Terry is a cunt of the highest order. Banned from the final and not having the class to let the players who actually won it to lift the cup without you, what a fucking cunt. Paul Scholes and even Roy Keane refused to do this after united won it in 99. Hope he goes down for racism, can't wait until he's retired.

• 3 weeks later...

Portugal are known for making it out of tough groups and have a great record against both Denmark and Holland (and a decent record against Germany).

Its the lesser teams that we play terribly against - when we let the foot off the gas.

Besides, Ronaldo has super matured and this could be Nelson Olivera's chance to prove he's the answer to Portugal's striker problem. And we aren't knackered with injuries - unlike WC South Africa or Euro 2008.

Looking at Spain in the last World Cup, they won 4 games 1 - 0. They may play well but I can see them leaking a few goals against a team with good attacking players with Puyol... Maybe I'm just tired of seeing them win.

Puyol's not in the squad - injured. Spain's midfield will still allow them to overcome most teams easily just by tiring them out but without Villa, Torres only kinda on form and Llorente not actually being that good i think they're going to find it hard to score a lot. I think Germany will win with the Netherlands runners up, the German team is a fucking machine, they destroyed everyone in the run up to this tournament (Switzerland aside, they fielded a really poor team). It's a shame Portugal are in such a tough group, they're going to find getting out of it hard but Ronaldo's had a ridiculous season so maybe there'll be an upset?

Puyol's not in the squad - injured. Spain's midfield will still allow them to overcome most teams easily just by tiring them out but without Villa, Torres only kinda on form and Llorente not actually being that good i think they're going to find it hard to score a lot. I think Germany will win with the Netherlands runners up, the German team is a fucking machine, they destroyed everyone in the run up to this tournament (Switzerland aside, they fielded a really poor team). It's a shame Portugal are in such a tough group, they're going to find getting out of it hard but Ronaldo's had a ridiculous season so maybe there'll be an upset?

My fault, meant without Puyol.

Two red cards and a blow out in the first day. With a goal and an assist, Pavlyuchenko should have started.

Great start to the tournament, i'm so fucking happy football is back for a month and twice a day for the next couple of weeks!!

Denmark just went 1-0 up against Holland, still fancy the dutch to win, though. Germany - Portugal will be great as long as neither side are too conservative.