13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Felt a lot like last vs Chelsea. anti soccer is their weakness and have a lot of trouble with it. Hopefully messi will figure something out at camp nou. Barca gets too frustrated against a defense like that.

Don't call it anti soccer call it defending. Because whether you enjoy watching it or not clearly it works. Didn't some famous guy once say "the best offense is a good defense"?

Don't call it anti soccer call it defending. Because whether you enjoy watching it or not clearly it works. Didn't some famous guy once say "the best offense is a good defense"?

It's just a term used for the style of defending when you don't attempt to even attack unless an obvious opportunity comes up. When your wingers spend more than half the game in the back field defending I think a term should be given.

That said, I still enjoyed the game.

It's just a term used for the style of defending when you don't attempt to even attack unless an obvious opportunity comes up. When your wingers spend more than half the game in the back field defending I think a term should be given.

That said, I still enjoyed the game.

Oh trust me, as a Glasgow Rangers fan I know the term quite well. I got to hear the term all the way to the UEFA cup final a few years ago. I don't think you're trying to put a negative spin on it but a lot of people do and it bugs me. When it comes right down to it, it's about winning the game. And if defending is your best shot at doing that then who can say its wrong?

Yeah I can't really blame them, i mean thats how celtic got them earlier this season so I'd stick with what works. If you look back at most of barcas "blown" games, it's been that form of defending that gets to them the most. They lose their cool completely.

Sorry about your Rangers man, That's really fucking shitty. Hope they can make it thru these hard times and get back in the first division soon.

Sorry about your Rangers man, That's really fucking shitty. Hope they can make it thru these hard times and get back in the first division soon.

Cheers man, they seem to have a much better system in place now and we're well on our way to winning the league this year. But with the idiotic restructuring plans  they are talking about implementing it could all be for nothing. There are rumours our chief executive is trying to get us into the English leagues and try to work out way up to the championship and maybe the prem league... fingers crossed!

Cheers man, they seem to have a much better system in place now and we're well on our way to winning the league this year. But with the idiotic restructuring plans they are talking about implementing it could all be for nothing. There are rumours our chief executive is trying to get us into the English leagues and try to work out way up to the championship and maybe the prem league... fingers crossed!

The restructure plan is so bogus, it really feels like they're doing that just to keep rangers fans down. Joining the English leagues is the long hard road I'm talking about. Sadly I see a lot of whinny bitchy English sides complaining and making it really hard to get in, specially with ranger fans reputations. It's all just such a total mess which blows bc I feel for their fans. Just bc the business side went to shit doesn't mean the club can't continue on, it's made up of tradition and fans, not currency. But I'm just preaching to the choir. I took it kinda hard bc I really enjoyed watching the Celtic vs rangers matches over the years

The restructure plan is so bogus, it really feels like they're doing that just to keep rangers fans down. Joining the English leagues is the long hard road I'm talking about. Sadly I see a lot of whinny bitchy English sides complaining and making it really hard to get in, specially with ranger fans reputations. It's all just such a total mess which blows bc I feel for their fans. Just bc the business side went to shit doesn't mean the club can't continue on, it's made up of tradition and fans, not currency. But I'm just preaching to the choir. I took it kinda hard bc I really enjoyed watching the Celtic vs rangers matches over the years

You are one well informed man! I definitely miss the old firm games but its been kind of refreshing not have to deal with their mob complaining about anything Rangers do.