13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

As soon as He blew that kiss I knew it was over for Uruguay, it's that same look messi gets when he's fed up. That kids going to have a bright future.

And kudos to Uruguay, they brought it and made it really fun to watch. If I can get half the excitement in today's game ill be happy.

I read that No cesc or soldado starting for Spain today so Italy has a chance to take advantage of Torres

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm starting to get into soccer a bit more. A guy I work with is a huge Arsenal fan, and he said to just pick a team to root for. Is Everton a solid choice? I saw a few matches last year and enjoyed their style of play (whatever that means).

From how he makes it seem, Arsenal/Tottenham rivalry is like Michigan/Ohio.

And I take the Tottenham side (or Chelsea) over Arsenal. The Gunners are a god damn blast to root against.

Everton is a great "Good" club to root for. They're never going to win the league, but they play a very classy, respectful style of play and they always done fairly well for themselves with spending barely any money (especially compared to the bigger clubs). Their coach from last year, David Moyes, just took over for Man United. So that says how well they were coached. It's too early to tell how their new coach Martinez will do, he was coach at Wigan where he was always a better coach than the team's actual level of performance. The US #1 keeper Tim Howard is the starter for Everton.

it's pretty entertaining to be impartial for awhile and then find a team that has a style of play that you like. some teams have boat loads of talent and money, making them almost a must to watch, but they have no soul as a team (Chelsea comes to mind). and some teams lack big names players and big budgets but make up for it in determination and heart.

dunno if you're from the US, but you should watch the MLS too. the US is really coming up in the world in terms of playing great soccer.

I'm starting to get into soccer a bit more. A guy I work with is a huge Arsenal fan, and he said to just pick a team to root for. Is Everton a solid choice? I saw a few matches last year and enjoyed their style of play (whatever that means).

From how he makes it seem, Arsenal/Tottenham rivalry is like Michigan/Ohio.

I'd say so, as long as you don't become another person on the big club bandwagon! (Like Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool...)

What jlobban has said is good, watch a few more games before you decide. You could keep it interesting by watching Norwich, Swansea or Stoke as well.

I'd also say if you're just getting into your football (the correct term) you should have a look at a few Championship games. In my opinion it's the most competitive league in the world as everyone is trying to get in the top 6 (top 2 get promoted to the premier league & 3,4,5,6 go into the play offs) and the fact my team (Middlesbrough) are in it and WILL be going up this season!