13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Woooooo Neymar has a 5 year deal with Barca

He has some incredible skill but every time I see him with Brazil I don't get what all the hype is about, or how he fits into a team. I haven't seen a ton of games so I won't call him overrated. He could develop into something special and he was cheaper than I expected with all the talk about him. I don't know enough about him, do you think he'll fit in at barcelona?

He has some incredible skill but every time I see him with Brazil I don't get what all the hype is about, or how he fits into a team. I haven't seen a ton of games so I won't call him overrated. He could develop into something special and he was cheaper than I expected with all the talk about him. I don't know enough about him, do you think he'll fit in at barcelona?

Oh man, you cannot possibly say he's overrated. Selfish sometimes yes but no way is he overrated. He's got a record of over a goal every two games at 21... that's ridiculous! He can play wide or behind a main striker, i'd expect him to start on the left with Pedro on the right and Messi down the middle. The only problem i can see at Barca is him having to adjust to not having all the play go through or end up with him as it was at Santos and he may not score as many goals. His deal was pretty big - don't forget he's unproven in the european leagues - i think Barca paid santos about 25m? but there was personal fees on top with actually takes to over 60m not including wages. I expect Barca to be far stronger with him. They definitely won't struggle if they rest Messi now.

yeah i'm very skeptical on this kid, i've yet to understand the hype when i watch him play for Brazil. sure, he's damn good, but he's not that good, is he?

even if he can be the player "they" keep saying he is, but he could choke under the hype and totally crumble. might be entertaining to watch either way.

He really is that good. Easily one of the top 10-15 players in the world and probably the best prospect in world football. Put it this way, the last time Santos went on a run like they've been on with him in the team was when Pele was playing for them. He'll have to adjust to playing in a team with players who won't need to rely on him as an individual so much which is the only thing i can see being a problem. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRk4m2B6Vas

Oh man, you cannot possibly say he's overrated. Selfish sometimes yes but no way is he overrated. He's got a record of over a goal every two games at 21... that's ridiculous! He can play wide or behind a main striker, i'd expect him to start on the left with Pedro on the right and Messi down the middle. The only problem i can see at Barca is him having to adjust to not having all the play go through or end up with him as it was at Santos and he may not score as many goals. His deal was pretty big - don't forget he's unproven in the european leagues - i think Barca paid santos about 25m? but there was personal fees on top with actually takes to over 60m not including wages. I expect Barca to be far stronger with him. They definitely won't struggle if they rest Messi now.

As I said, I haven't seen him play enough to call him overrated. I honestly haven't been that impressed in the games I've seen him play with Brazil. If I hadn't known to watch for him, I wouldn't have picked him out as exceptional. That said, there are moments and of course the youtube videos that showcase some incredible ability. I'm excited to see him play more often though.

He really is that good. Easily one of the top 10-15 players in the world and probably the best prospect in world football. Put it this way, the last time Santos went on a run like they've been on with him in the team was when Pele was playing for them. He'll have to adjust to playing in a team with players who won't need to rely on him as an individual so much which is the only thing i can see being a problem. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRk4m2B6Vas

ok, i'd never seen any of that video before, mostly just his national team stuff. that was just ridiculous. now i get it. him + messi is going to be insane to watch.

also, i'll bet he's a champion at Dance Dance Revolution.

i'd love to see Villa go to Spurs, especially if they manage to hold onto Bale.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to see that too (if he HAD to go anywhere) But only if Bale stays put. I still don't have a favorite bpl team ever since my love for chelsea died when barca lost to them in the CL semi's and that would be enough for me. Even tho they're out of the CL next season, Villa would be that piece they've been missing.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone keeping up with confederations cup?

Yeah, nothing else to watch, haha. Neymar has been pretty damn good and Fred has impressed as well. I didn't think much of Fred in other games I've seen him. And how exactly did Tahiti get in? haha, good for them but man those games were brutal.