Missing Ebay Auction Deadlines..

FUCK..I just missed the end of The Hold Steady - Milkcrate Mosh 7" go for $28! AND the Atlantic City 7" from the War Child box set. Guess I need to set an alarm or something. Anyone else miss out on anything big b/c of this? I know there are sites that can bid for you but I like to be there to be in control of it and it's more exciting.

how about a different deadline. one set by the seller, in this case me, stating payment be made in a certain amount of time. The buyer takes twice as long to pay with no contact and finally emails you a week after paying wanting to know where their item is because they haven't gotten it yet. Give me a break. People are seriously fucking clueless.

Guest kevinb
how about a different deadline. one set by the seller, in this case me, stating payment be made in a certain amount of time. The buyer takes twice as long to pay with no contact and finally emails you a week after paying wanting to know where their item is because they haven't gotten it yet. Give me a break. People are seriously fucking clueless.
I agree and also

I think Ebay needs to implement an option where a seller can require payment be made with in a week's time or the money is automatically deducted from the buyers account. Ebay sure likes to fuck people over and seems they don't give a damn about their sellers,Yet that is who they get all of their money from.

Yeah, this happens almost daily to me.

There is one assumption you are all making that ebay experience has shown is just wrong.

The final price for a record let's say goes for $8.99. Everyone makes the assumption that the winning bidders highest bid was $8.99. Hmmm, probably not.

Chances are if you got into it, the price would be driven up anyways. What if his/her final bid was $100?

I try to make last second bids all the time. An item can be at $4.99 I will jump in with a bid of $60 with 4 seconds remaining and still lose because the original bidder had a very high bid in place just to avoid assholes like me sniping him!

It's best to not think about it when an auction passes you by. Get it next time. There is always a next time.

I agree and also

I think Ebay needs to implement an option where a seller can require payment be made with in a week's time or the money is automatically deducted from the buyers account. Ebay sure likes to fuck people over and seems they don't give a damn about their sellers,Yet that is who they get all of their money from.

I have pretty much stopped selling on eBay because it is so painful, however I still buy from there.