Inglourious Basterds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILER!!!

Unless I totally missed it, Tarantino's not in this movie. Also, did anyone stay after the credits? Was there anything?

Being the sick movie fanatic and dork I am, I found that Tarantino is indeed "in" the movie. He voices the initial narration in the "Nation's Pride" movie (actually directed by "The Bear Jew" Eli Roth) and his hand are the ones that strangle Bridget von Hammersmark.

In another interesting note, Adam Sandler was asked to play Sgt. Donnie Donowitz (The Bear Jew) and Simon Pegg was asked to play Lt. Archie Hicox.

The film was Tarantino's best since "Pulp Fiction." I loved the blend of WWII drama and Spaghetti Western styles. The music was great. The violence was outrageous. Mike Myers was eh. The ending was brilliant.

SPOILER!!!

Unless I totally missed it, Tarantino's not in this movie. Also, did anyone stay after the credits? Was there anything?

Being the sick movie fanatic and dork I am, I found that Tarantino is indeed "in" the movie. He voices the initial narration in the "Nation's Pride" movie (actually directed by "The Bear Jew" Eli Roth) and his hand are the ones that strangle Bridget von Hammersmark.

A-ha! Thanks for the info.

Guest kissthesharks

Can't wait to see this. I have a big feeling it's going to be the movie theatre experience of my lifetime. That's a lot to say..

Liked it a lot. Pitt was very funny in it. I felt it dragged a tiny bit in the middle, but it's easy to see past that.

Fun facts: Sam Jackson and Harvey Keitel both have (off-screen) roles in this. Jackson voices some narration and HK is on the other end of a radio that Pitt uses near the end of the movie.

SPOILER!!!

In another interesting note, Adam Sandler was asked to play Sgt. Donnie Donowitz (The Bear Jew) and Simon Pegg was asked to play Lt. Archie Hicox.

The film was Tarantino's best since "Pulp Fiction." I loved the blend of WWII drama and Spaghetti Western styles. The music was great. The violence was outrageous. Mike Myers was eh. The ending was brilliant.

IMDB trivia, haha.

As someone who rarely goes out to movies, out of fear of disappointment, I can safely say this movie was well worth my 11 bucks. I think it's just as good and in some cases rivals Pulp Fiction. Christoph Waltz's performance as Col. Hans Landa is one of the best ive seen in any film. his opening monologue is well worth the price of admission alone.

Pitt and Christoph Waltz were fantastic in this movie. BJ Novak was not however. He didnt fit the look and his acting is subpar for a film like this.

I'm a big Quinton fan and this one felt a bit long; not sure why, but it did.

Because it's a 153 minutes?

;D well that's part of it. Not all long movies (time-wise) feel long; this one did.

Guest drahtuos

from wikipedia:

Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Himmelstein: An elderly Jewish woman living in Boston.[22] Although filmed, the scenes featuring Mrs. Himmelstein drinking tea with Donny Donowitz (and signing his trademark baseball bat afterwards) were cut from the final film. Tarantino says that he might use the footage in the prequel instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

so a basterds prequal is planned? cool.