OFFICIAL Gaslight Anthem Tour Thread

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know ill get hell for this but.. I love Gsalight but I thought last night show in Pittsburgh was boring and lacked energy. They sounded okay but you could barely hear Brian talk from the over 21 section. Don't get me wrong I love 59 Sound album but live it's kinda boring! Songs off of Sink or Swim and Senor are more raw and I think they make for a more energetic live show!

I know ill get hell for this but.. I love Gsalight but I thought last night show in Pittsburgh was boring and lacked energy. They sounded okay but you could barely hear Brian talk from the over 21 section. Don't get me wrong I love 59 Sound album but live it's kinda boring! Songs off of Sink or Swim and Senor are more raw and I think they make for a more energetic live show!

This.

9/11/09 - Omaha,NE

It was raining pretty hard on the way to the show, which seemed like a perfect setting.

No way I was missing this show with this lineup. Thank you so much to VC/Sideone for the contest.

The show must have started promptly because I walked in at 8:05 and Ninja Gun had already started. Great set! I actually thought they sounded better than Gaslight. The songs I heard

-Time and a half

-Darwin Was a Baptist

-Eight Miles Out

-In the Corner (??)

-Lepers In Love

-Hot Ring

the place filled in for the Loved Ones which I found the set to be pretty enjoyable. The singer wearing the hood on his hoodie the whole set seemed weird and uncomfortable, but hey.. whatever.

Murder by Death I'd seen before and were ok.

Gaslight just fucking killed, man! My first time seeing them and they were great. No moshing, just a dancing crowd. They played must of the set that the other guy posted also with

State of Love and Trust and

The Patient Ferris Wheel

As for merch, I bought the poster.

Loved Ones had a "tour only" 10"

and Ninja Gun had both colors of the split with Fake Problems

Awesome night. I'm glad that Gaslight Anthem exsists.

They said on stage a new album in June on Side1

Went to this at Pops(Sauget/St. Louis) on Thursday. Pretty much the same set list as well but we got 1930 during the encore. They jokingly said something like "put away the cameras because they don't want it all over you tube" I worked until 9 so I missed everyone else except a few songs by Murder By Death. Overall they were excellent as usual. I had a killer hangover the next day.

I just wanted to add that the show in Denver was amazing. Every band was fantastic. Frank Turner was absolutely bad ass and you can tell that he has some great things happening. The buzz is buzzing. Loved Ones were rocking and a lot of fun. Murder By Death were probably one of the highlights for me as they are just one of the greatest bands out there. Adam's voice, Sarah's cello playing, wow wow wow. Gaslight Anthem as always looked like they had a complete blast. Brian had nice things to say about Suburban Home on stage and even slipped Tim Barry's name in a song. He also gave shout outs to Tim and Ninja Gun who were at the show. Alex and Benny and Holly from TGA came to our 14th anniversary show the night before and that was so cool.

The gaslight crew are the best people in music. they get it and they deserve to be the biggest band on the planet. so amazing.

Whoa, tour-only Loved Ones 10-inch? I'm assuming it's a tour version of their self-titled 10-inch...

it's a blue cover the vinyl is clear with some splatter... looks really awesome.. i'll take pics for you when i can.

side note, they were selling that for $8 and the chuck split (on black) for $5... Or you could get both for $10.

I just wanted to add that the show in Denver was amazing. Every band was fantastic. Frank Turner was absolutely bad ass and you can tell that he has some great things happening. The buzz is buzzing. Loved Ones were rocking and a lot of fun. Murder By Death were probably one of the highlights for me as they are just one of the greatest bands out there. Adam's voice, Sarah's cello playing, wow wow wow. Gaslight Anthem as always looked like they had a complete blast. Brian had nice things to say about Suburban Home on stage and even slipped Tim Barry's name in a song. He also gave shout outs to Tim and Ninja Gun who were at the show. Alex and Benny and Holly from TGA came to our 14th anniversary show the night before and that was so cool.

The gaslight crew are the best people in music. they get it and they deserve to be the biggest band on the planet. so amazing.

too bad the sound lady didn't know how to turn down the bass/bass drum/tom

so bummed the ogden started the show way fucking early. i missed most of frank turner's set.

Here's last night's setlist. I was relentless in shouting "zombie time!" between songs, and alas, the fourth song of their encore, they finally caved. I totally lost my shit.

High lonesome

Casanova, Baby!

Old White Lincoln

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

The '59 Sound

We Came To Dance

Film Noir

Miles Davis & The Cool

Patient Ferris Wheel

I'da Called You Woody, Joe

Angry Johnny Amd The Radio

Grea. Expectations

Here's looking At You Kid

The Backseat

Blue Jeans And White T-Shirt

Wherefore Art Thou Elvis

Señor & The Queen

We're Getting A Divorce... (Zombie Time)

edit - edited in full song named rather than abbreviations

Here's last night's setlist. I was relentless in shouting "zombie time!" between songs, and alas, the fourth song of their encore, they finally caved. I totally lost my shit.

High lonesome

Casanova, Baby!

Old White Lincoln

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

The '59 Sound

We Came To Dance

Film Noir

Miles Davis & The Cool

Patient Ferris Wheel

I'da Called You Woody, Joe

Angry Johnny Amd The Radio

Grea. Expectations

Here's looking At You Kid

The Backseat

Blue Jeans And White T-Shirt

Wherefore Art Thou Elvis

Señor & The Queen

We're Getting A Divorce... (Zombie Time)

edit - edited in full song named rather than abbreviations

you luck sny of a bitch, i tried so hard to get them to play that song

at least i got 1930.

Yeah, those are the two I'd been trying to hear every time I've seen them.

Good luck getting them both, though. This was the first time I heard either of them. Their sets are heavily '59 Sound now.

Good news is they said that next time they go out on tour it'll be in support of a new record, so they're headed into the studio once this one is done (not that it's any news, just glad to hear it from them).