OFFICIAL Gaslight Anthem Tour Thread

Guest admin1338560633

Friends, we are about to announce a contest to win tickets to dates on the upcoming Gaslight Anthem/Murder By Death/Loved Ones/Guests tour and we hope to encourage people to post comments on each show, post photos, videos, stories, whatever.

Just list the show you attended when making your post.

Stay tuned as we will be posting the contest shortly.

Super excited for this tour, gonna go after 2 nights of our Suburban Home Anniversary weekend.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there with you buddy just got my tickets the other day! I am guessing we will go from the BBQ straight to the show?

sounds about right. should be a good time.

I'll be at the show next week in Pittsburgh, on the 8th, at Mr. Smalls. Last time they played there the crowd was extremely dead, it was awkward. I've seen them four times and have had much better experiences seeing them in Ohio. Hopefully this time the crowd will be more into it.

I'll be at the show next week in Pittsburgh, on the 8th, at Mr. Smalls. Last time they played there the crowd was extremely dead, it was awkward. I've seen them four times and have had much better experiences seeing them in Ohio. Hopefully this time the crowd will be more into it.

To be fair, they were opening for the Bouncing Souls, right? Or have they played there since then?

Bad move Virgil!

This tour is going head to head with the Suburban Home Tour in San Francisco. You're rooting for the enemy!

maybe I should just erase the san fran date of the tour or spread news that it is canceled. That is a bummer. I am so lucky that gaslight didn't play denver on the saturday night because that would have gone head to head with our anniversary show which would have killed us.

Bad move Virgil!

This tour is going head to head with the Suburban Home Tour in San Francisco. You're rooting for the enemy!

maybe I should just erase the san fran date of the tour or spread news that it is canceled. That is a bummer. I am so lucky that gaslight didn't play denver on the saturday night because that would have gone head to head with our anniversary show which would have killed us.

I like your plan. Misinformation is your best friend. The way it looks is that I think they actually have reverse schedules and one is going north while one is going south and they just happen to meet in San Francisco.

I'm thinking I'll hit up Austin Lucas. I love Gaslight but sometimes you gotta make the tough call.

Will be at the 9/11 show in Omaha for sure! Catching the Loved Ones in KC the next day as well & then Ninja Gun in lawrence on the 13th. SHR tour is playing Lawrence on 9/10 as well. Going to be a great week of shows!

still leaning towards gaslight/mbd in omaha with you... but seriously why so many shows on one night:

lucero in kc

get up kids in kc

gaslight in omaha.

oh yeah and on the tenth

every time i die in kc

or

suburban home tour in lawrence.

Thanks VC for the tickets!!! I am going to try to do a little review from my trusty phone on the ride back home. I was a little late for the Ninja Gun set because I got stuck in some awesome Pirate traffic. But the three songs I did get to hear from them, they were pretty good, but most of the crowd didn't dig them because it was full of twelve year old burgh kids. The Loved Ones rocked pretty hard, but most of my attention went to the 3-4 kids that were doing choreographed dance moves. Not sure what was going on there but it's cool. Murder By Death was good,but they seemed a little of to me. They played mostly stuff from there last two albums.

Gaslight Anthem was up next and all the teens were very excited about this. Circle pits on everysong WTF! I have to say with all skanking and moshing aside, TGA put on a very excellent show.

Setlist

High Lonesome

Casanova, Baby!

Old White Lincoln

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues

'59 sound

We Came To Dance

Film Noir

Miles Davis And The Blues

Meet Me By The Rivers Edge

I'da Called You Woody, Joe

Angry Johnny And The Radio

Great Expectations

here's looking at you kid

backseats

encore

blue jeans and white tshirts

*can't remember what they played here

drive

They didn't have the Brian Fallon/Chuck Ragan 7"

had a print that is out of 500. You can see it on murder by deaths homepage.

They had all other vinyl but nothing special

Murder By Death had the newest press of in boca al lupo with them.

I talked to MBD's merch guy for awhile cause I saw him (Sam Lowry) open for Langhorne Slim not to long ago.

Spoke with Benny after the show. Nice as always. I typed to much and since it is on my phone who knows what it actually says.

Again thanks VC for the tickets!!

If you have a chance to go to the show please do it. It's a great lineup of bands.