Lyric quiz (44/50 solved)

UNSOLVED:

4. My little sister's in the front seat with an ice cream cone, my ma's in the back seat sitting all alone

12. Saw a girl that I used to know, I was deep in thought at the time, didn't recognize her face at first 'cause I was probably looking at mine

29. In the darkness of the shadows, lurks another side of me, pieces you don't want to see

39. Shake, shake, shake loose that single gleam of hope left in your chest. Gone are the days of sunshine, the days of sunshine, I promise

43.Way back in time someone said 'try some,' I tried some, 'now buy some,' I bought some

49. You left a guy who told you where to be and when. I was with a girl who tried to sleep with my best friend

1. All the drunks in the alleys are taking up arms to undo their whole lives in a day

2. What are you gonna say when she picks up the phone? Should you leave a message if she's not at home?

3. Ambulance X extracts several consultants, the slow gumming death, office orifice

4. My little sister's in the front seat with an ice cream cone, my ma's in the back seat sitting all alone

5. Life is short in spite of your plans, so tell the girls that they're pretty while you can

6. Scarecrow, you have ruined me, now I've caught my hand in the death machine

7. Mother Mary had a son whose days were spent on having fun, then one day he got a letter, you can make yourself feel better

8. Hard brick, rough skin, warm laughs and smiling, the loveliest words whispered words, whispered and meant, you like all these things

9. Life's not been good for you, it's just not fair, you did nothing to deserve it, you did nothing at all

10. I'm uncurable but durable, it's easy to see, lack of restraint is a complaint of those around me

11. They made a statue of us and put it on a mountaintop, now tourists come and stare at us, blow bubbles with their gum, take photographs of fun

12. Saw a girl that I used to know, I was deep in thought at the time, didn't recognize her face at first 'cause I was probably looking at mine

13. This street is an exit only. It's an opening. Which explains why this shit washes away, then runs right back in

14. Started at the age of four, my mother went to the grocery store, went sneaking through her bedroom door to find something in a size four

15. Why can you read me like no one else? I hide behind these words, but I'm coming out. I wish I kept them behind my tongue, I hide behind these words but I'm coming out

16. There are few who deny at what I do I am the best, for my talents are renowned far and wide.

17. I packed my case, I checked my face, I look a little bit older, I look a little bit colder

18. Sometime I feel my life is going on in circles, beneath my eyes are blue and black

19. On the forth of July, eighteen hundred and six, we set sail from the sweet cove of Cork

20. Don't make a badge and wear it too, so mark my 'S's through and through, 'cause I'd buy anything for you, and I'll make my badge and sell it too

21. Black, black sheep boy. Blue eyed charmer. Head hanging with horns from your father

22. Above the mirrory street, a lightning bug fires up the park, it's dark. Eleven and I'm falling, to drink, do dream among the shadows

23. Sound, mixed in with, discovery, found an ancient landmark to call home

24. Oh, I love my girl. I wanna get her off. Turn the lights up so I can see

25. The first time that I met her I was throwing up in the lady's room stall

26. They know you've got nothing to lose, because if you had a chance you'd have lost that too

27. Breathing deeply, walking backwards, finding strength to call and ask her

28. You're coming off kind of contrived and pretentious, you're not saying anything we haven't heard before

29. In the darkness of the shadows, lurks another side of me, pieces you don't want to see

30. Years we fight the night, pale and ghostly flames, some still dream of light, so the sun will rise again

31. I saw the sun set from the front of the G train tonight. The subway stopped and severed and I couldn't get my footing right.

32. Apartment at dusk, a grey Brooklyn sky, a train that I'm missing. A cheap travel mug, that leaks from the side, a damp coat and mittens

33. My brother has a lady and one day she will have a baby. My brother has a baby and one day and one day she'll save me

34. Although we often wondered, there was no thing of wonder, the shit that flew from our minds

35. The peace bone got found in the dinosaur wing

36. I know what it looks like, the ship's not capsizing, the driver's not drunk or asleep at the wheel

37. Don't be so scared, we will not lead you, unlike you've been doing for weeks

38. Don't call me Rich, don't call me George, just call me Cheese that's who I am

39. Shake, shake, shake loose that single gleam of hope left in your chest. Gone are the days of sunshine, the days of sunshine, I promise

40. Cold October fall. The outside of a VFW hall

41. Dance your cares away, worries for another day

42. Well I watched the way that time erodes, all the chances of taking different roads

43.Way back in time someone said 'try some,' I tried some, 'now buy some,' I bought some

44. I've been waiting a long time for this moment to come, I'm desperate for anything at all

45. Trudging slowly over wet sand, back to the bench where your clothes were stolen

46. I hate the taste of coffee, and cringe at the sight of smoke

47. I am oh so fascinated. I am oh so entertained. Standing here like a comedian I repeat the same joke again and again and again

48. Someone's always coming around here, trailing some new kill. Says 'I've seen your picture on a hundred dollar bill'

49. You left a guy who told you where to be and when. I was with a girl who tried to sleep with my best friend

50. When you said you loved me, did you really love me? Or did it just spill out like drool on my pillow?

Well. That wasted about 50 minutes. Good luck. Sorry if the lyrics aren't right.

Nope, not a Dickies song. Vagina Dentada (or Dentata, I can never remember) wrote and recorded it for a Flipside comp. LP. VD had members of the Germs.

This whole time I thought NOFX was covering The Dickies. Thanks.

Well, we're both right. I just searched around a little and it appears the Dickies did cover Golden Boys...I've never heard that version. So it went VD - Dickies - NOFX