WTF?!?! I have more e-friends than real friends!

jhulud

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely shy and anti-social in person. I am also extremely misanthropic. I don't like most people nor understand them.

After being an active member in two e-communities, it was nice to find that there are other people like me who share my views on so much. People who relate to being painfully shy or suffer from social anxieties. People who share the same political views (this was a BIG thing for me back when I was living at home). People who listen to all those bands you love that no one you know has heard of. It makes you feel a little less disenfranchised. I also find that sometimes it's a lot easier to be incredibly open about things when there is a sort of veil of anonymity. Example: There was a time I'd never even think of talking about the struggles with my mental health with people in person and so talking about it in a place like VC where other people have dealt with it was refreshing.

I do have a couple close IRL friends, I just prefer not to put up with peoples' bullshit most of the time and that's usually what a large majority of acquaintances and people cause me.

That said, there are a few people from this board who I would consider to be close IRL friends moreso than e-friends as well as someone on the other forum I post on.

At the end of the day whether you converse with someone in person or the internet we are all people and an intellectual connection and bond is what matters at the end of the day.

Guest kissthesharks
yo juan you live like 20 minutes from me, theres a ton of shows coming up I was planning on going to alone ( Strung Out, Gwar, Ensiferum, Mastodon... im sure there are more) hit me up and we will do this

2 questions...

a) how's that slayer record working out?

and

B) did you supersoak that ho with laxative?

yo juan you live like 20 minutes from me, theres a ton of shows coming up I was planning on going to alone ( Strung Out, Gwar, Ensiferum, Mastodon... im sure there are more) hit me up and we will do this

I got my tix for Mastodon so we definitely gotta hook up for that!

I was supposed to go to Metallica but got shafted on tickets. Long story, but the hook-up we were supposed to have flaked on us.

I got your # bro...

scott... Slayer record is awesome thanks again, I didnt get to get that girl with laxative because I got in a big fight with her and shes being transfered, hopefully ill get her before she leaves

Juan.... awesome ill see you at mastodon how much were tickets?? ill be at Metallica too, tickets were so fuckin expensive

Guest kissthesharks
I'm a misanthrope so i tend to have few friends in real life. I'm also painfully quiet and find people's idiosyncracies in most cases annoying. Therefore I have very few friends in general. Whether it be efriends or real friends.

I'm going to eat Whataburger with you one of these days. I swear.

I'm a misanthrope so i tend to have few friends in real life. I'm also painfully quiet and find people's idiosyncracies in most cases annoying. Therefore I have very few friends in general. Whether it be efriends or real friends.

I'm going to eat Whataburger with you one of these days. I swear.

I ate Whataburger yesterday. The best part was the FRIES and KETCHUP!!! mmm