Methadones Methadones Methadones bizness

Hi All,

While I am busy with a handful of other releases, the fact remains I am doing a lot of releases for the Methadones...so aside from the new 7" and the Copyrights split LP...

myself, the band and Matt Allison from Atlas Studios have been working slowly but surely at getting the Not Economically Viable LP fixed up, re-mixed, remastered, artwork updated, bonus track recording(finishing partially recorded tune from the same session) well...Soucy game me a CD of the latest mix on Friday and I think it's 99% ready. get fucking stoked. the record sounds 100 times better and the copy I have isn't even mastered!

So I'm gonna try to confer with the guys this week and attempt to track down Mr. Allison who's busy with the new Alkaline Trio album and hammer out any other minor details/adjustments to the recording and finally, finally get this fucking album making process started and re-released.

The artwork isn't drastically changed, just kind of cleaned up and updated. We're going to do a gatefold cover too, which will be my first time making a gatefold cover and is cool for me as it's a minor little landmark.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people that have checked out my releases and supported what me and the bands are doing. I still have to explain to people that this whole operation is me doing 95% of the work alone and having awesome people supporting the label so consistently has made my life so much easier this year especially.

So as soon as the pre-production crap is wrapped up I'll post another update, maybe get the artwork and post that online to check out as well.

thanks again everyone!

-justin.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess

It's great to hear that this is nearly here! This was the album that really drew my attention to the band and to own a copy on vinyl will be lovely.

I'm so stoked! In my opinion this is the best Methadones release and one of the most under-appreciated pop-punk albums out there.

Like that you are doing it on a gatefold!

dude the new mix of straight up pop song is UNREAL, it makes me want to cry...

i can't wait til I get the go-ahead to get this thing mastered.

I'm so stoked! In my opinion this is the best Methadones release and one of the most under-appreciated pop-punk albums out there.

Like that you are doing it on a gatefold!

dude the new mix of straight up pop song is UNREAL, it makes me want to cry...

i can't wait til I get the go-ahead to get this thing mastered.

I give you the go-ahead. Please commence to mastering!

• 2 months later...

Still waiting on the master from Matt Allison BUT Loki posted a review of the split LP

...but Lokithelion posted this review of the split LP with the Copyrights tonight:

http://www.mammothpress.com/index.php?area=readreview&pid=1743

also, if this review inspires you to want to order a copy it's available from the following distros/stores:

http://undercomm.bigcartel.com/artist/the-methadones

It's Alive Records

No Idea Records Distro

Interpunk

Vinyl Collective Distro

i really like vapid's riverdales songs a lot more than ben's usually...but for some reason, i could never get into sludgeworth or the methadones...

well, Sludgeworth was a little weird at times(not counting the funk songs, which, well obviously...yeah) I didn't truly appreciate what they were doing until I saw them play a reunion show in like 99 or 2000, after that the songs sorta clicked for me(even some of the funk songs)...I can see the Methadones being a little weird for some people.

What records have you heard, because maybe I could suggest a more fitting one to listen to help you fall in love with them...let me know!