Blink 182 - Enema of the State Vinyl LP Release?

that's still cool. i'd be more stoked if it was just a series of reissues (like green day did with their back catalog) instead of a box set anyway.

Unless they're gonna charge out the ass for them.

this is true. but shit, at least this album is getting the vinyl treatment. i really want to see the self-titled/untitled record on vinyl.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know for a fact that the label pressing this only had 10 test pressings made and they haven't been given to anyone. So, I'm assuming someone at United took the liberty of pressing a few more for their personal gain. :-/

Does the label that is re pressing this know about this thread? Does he know that he now has to list his test pressings as " /12" ?

The label knows about this thread. I think they're waiting to announce anything until it gets closer to the release date.

enema was good - the self titled was way better. By far my favorite blink album

i really don't like the S/T album.

dude ranch

chesire cat

enema

s/t

take off your pants

I don't know. I saw them live a bunch right around Dude Ranch. At the time, I bought the albums, but they were just too immature for me so I gave up on them. Then I heard the self-titled and absolutely loved it. It was a grown up record and the album I had been wanting them to make. Take Off Your Pants...is ok, I guess. I think they were a really fun band, I just couldn't stand an entire album worth of it at the time.

I don't know. I saw them live a bunch right around Dude Ranch. At the time, I bought the albums, but they were just too immature for me so I gave up on them. Then I heard the self-titled and absolutely loved it. It was a grown up record and the album I had been wanting them to make. Take Off Your Pants...is ok, I guess. I think they were a really fun band, I just couldn't stand an entire album worth of it at the time.

Self-Titled was so incredibly unfamiliar to the band because their entire existence was about not being serious. Its a good thing that was their last album (hopefully).

People always seem to forget that they had a lot of serious songs on their earlier record. Sure the humor was always more upfront but Dude Ranch had mostly serious songs.

You're right, but I always felt the dick jokes took away from the validity of the serious songs. It was almost like they'd regress to not alienate the fans that love the American Pie-style humor. I just liked them better as a serious band.

just a quick update, i listened to one of the test presses all the way through and i will say that the sound quality is really good. unlike the vinyl pressing of TOYPAJ which was mastered from the CD and sounded really trebly and overall pretty shitty, this pressing of Enema is really full sounding. i don't exactly have a great system but i don't have a Crosley either. when this comes out, i'm pretty sure everybody will be very happy. oh yeah, it i'm guessing that the regular run will be 180g.

when was TOYPAJ releases?

also did you write on this test press or did you get it like that?

Self-Titled was so incredibly unfamiliar to the band because their entire existence was about not being serious. Its a good thing that was their last album (hopefully).

Sorry to disappoint you.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/05/blink182-plotting-a-new-album-but-will-it-be-unveiled-on-summer-reunion-tour.html