DEXTER SSN 4: WHAT DO U THINK WILL HAPPEN? SPOILRS

ohiopride

The big question for me is, how is Dexter gonna explain to the police why The Trinty Killer targeted his wife? bit of a coincidence considering Dexter was lingering at Trinitys house earlier that day and what will Arthurs family say when they see that "Kyle's" wife has been killed and he was one big lie? Is Dexter gonna cover up his wifes murder? 6 months is tooo looooong!!!

covering up rita's murder may be the best solution for dexter if he can pull it off..

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kissthesharks
The big question for me is, how is Dexter gonna explain to the police why The Trinty Killer targeted his wife? bit of a coincidence considering Dexter was lingering at Trinitys house earlier that day and what will Arthurs family say when they see that "Kyle's" wife has been killed and he was one big lie? Is Dexter gonna cover up his wifes murder? 6 months is tooo looooong!!!

covering up rita's murder may be the best solution for dexter if he can pull it off..

Yeah, of course they are going to talk to the family and they'll recognize "kyle"

This was a terrible ending.... fuck I loved Rita. It won't be the same without her.

anyway, the covering up stuff is bullshit. and then what? The kids are coming home, etc.

Rita was whiney as all hell! I'm sure she had some gripes with Dexter not being home and what have you but she's not working and she kissed the neighbor. She needed to calm her shit. I'm not glad they killed her off because its just sad and its not how I wanted the series to end.

I wanted it to end with Dexter realizing his Dad was the dark passenger. His dad and himself and Dexter convinced Dexter would be this psychopath. Because he was convinced of it he pushed Dexter farther down the road and deeper in to it by making it okay. Basically, I wanted it to end with Dexter realizing all of the killing was a choice and a path and he was actually just a normal person. All of his doubts and self-confidence issues were just normal emotions.

This was a terrible ending.... fuck I loved Rita. It won't be the same without her.

anyway, the covering up stuff is bullshit. and then what? The kids are coming home, etc.

Really? The only thing Rita had going for her was that she was gorgeous. Ever since the second season she has been nothing but incredibly annoying. However, I do not feel that she deserved to die. I thought they'd come up with some other less depressing way to write her off of the show. I do find it rather sinister the way the writers killed her off. It's almost like they were aware that a lot of people were not fond of her character so they had her die in an incredibly horrific fashion as if they were trying to make us feel bad for not liking her.

As for S5? I don't really see any way for him to cover up her death but how he'll explain why the Trinity killer targeted his wife... I have no idea. That's going to look awfully suspicious.

It really seemed like he was about to change his ways in this final episode... Rita's death would only further solidify his reasons for changing the way he lives his life. Had he changed earlier on, she would still be alive. The amount of guilt he will no doubt be feeling is going to be enormous. Especially once the kids get home. It's almost too depressing to think about!

Rita didn't die because of anything she did. She died because Dexter has a pathological desire to be the one to off these people. He could have turned Mitchell in mid-way through the season and he chose not to. He wanted to be the one to kill him. He also ended up killing an innocent man this year too. He thinks he killed another when Miguel's brother attacked him but honestly that was more self-defense than murder.

I seriously can't stop thinking about this episode and it's been almost 24 hours since I've watched it....

I understand that rita was but part of me wishes they wouldn't have killed her. she's a vital to the story in that she kept dexter's humanity intact-however-another part of me kind of understands because she was already becoming WAY TOO suspicious-Dexter sacrificed a lot of his personal space when they got married and it was only a matter of time before she just "stumbled upon" one of his kill tools, etc.

I think season 5 can go either way. Something tells me it's going to be the last season though-and I'm pretty sure it'll all result in Dexter either dying or getting caught.

just saw the episode tonight. I knew shit went down when i saw this thread grow three pages in a few days, but holy shit i wasn't expecting this. Man I was super bummed because i thought all was resolved and i was wondering how dexter would move on with his family...but man i have no idea how they will deal with the next season. Overall this has been the best season yet.

I will miss rita and her hotness :'(

you are a stronger man than us all, Erik! i felt like i got punched in the chest when i saw that shit.

I thought the performance in that whole last scene was just lack luster. No real display of emotion no "Omg wtf have I done," response. For something that was obviously intended to leave you speechless it felt like the typical Dexter episode close. I remember watching the finale of the 1st season of 24 when Sutherland find his wife dead after the most shitty day of his life that performance made me buckle in the knees.

i think what made it the hardest for me was that little moment they had where dexter decided he wanted to be better for his family...then for that kind of ending i was like FFFFFUUUUU and teared up a bit. dexter has never been anything but an insane rollercoaster ride since the very beginning.

tv is going to suck for the next 6 months.

yes, tv will definitely not be the same for a while.

I was expecting to be disappointed by loose ends but that ending could not have been more intriguing. I'm still thinking about after watching the finale three times. It just gets more difficult to watch every time, seeing Rita encourage Dexter after he was arrested and Arthur toy with Dexter in the kill room. I don't think a TV show has ever impacted me more emotionally before. Season 5 is going to be crazy.
well put my friend

you are a stronger man than us all, Erik! i felt like i got punched in the chest when i saw that shit.

I thought the performance in that whole last scene was just lack luster. No real display of emotion no "Omg wtf have I done," response. For something that was obviously intended to leave you speechless it felt like the typical Dexter episode close. I remember watching the finale of the 1st season of 24 when Sutherland find his wife dead after the most shitty day of his life that performance made me buckle in the knees.

oh i definitely agree he didn't sell it as much as he could have...it wasn't so much the acting that killed me as just the whole scenario and how it's going to impact his life next season. that's what really took my breath away...i just didn't see them taking her out like that.

in retrospect it makes perfect sense, and what a way to go down. no one (well almost no one) will forget that scene for a long time so the showtime/dexter crew: mission accomplished.

well, there was no emotions, because he still doesn't have major feelings. What did you expect from him? Crying? it wouldn't be so "Dexterish"

anyway i have a few questions, maybe it's all answered, but:

a. How did Arthur find out Dexter's new Adress?

b. How the hell Dexter followed him, was he in the Mustang's trunk?

c. And if he's followed him, how the hell Arthur had time to kill Rita?

well, there was no emotions, because he still doesn't have major feelings. What did you expect from him? Crying? it wouldn't be so "Dexterish"

I think that's part of the problem I'm starting to have with the Dexter character. We've now gone through 4 seasons and there's been no form of emotional distress. Maybe some small instances as the real parents story arc developed, but for the most part he's been blank. For god sakes the man he's been disgusted by for the past 12 episodes killed his wife and he walks it off in typical that's the life of Dexter Morgan fashion. I understand he has this emotional wall built around him, but I think for the character remain compelling that wall's gonna have to come down.

How is Dexter going to explain Trinity killing his wife without a missing boy to go with it?

for a minute i was thinking when he kept saying how it's "already over" i thought he meant he completed his last cycle..but the girl in the bathtub is only step two. idk how he's gonna get out of this bucket of syrup!

He did kidnap the boy, he didn't die is all. Also serial killers tend to change their M.O. and get sloppy when the heat is on. It's referred to as de-evolving. So they can easily cite that as the reason trinity killed Rita in a bathtub as opposed to a younger women like had being doing for 30 years.

I will agree with whoever said that it impacted them emotionally, I couldn't even fully understand how that could happen even though the show lead up to it all season. It really sets up a theme next season where Dexter is much more concerned with the consequences of his actions. Think about it, he had multiple opportunities to kill Arthur Mitchell, but he didn't, Sure most of them weren't his perfect kill but he could have let him jump, he could have killed him in his home or during the whole road trip or the local four walls build. Hell, if he wouldn't have wrecked that dudes mirror Rita would still be alive. Next season will certainly be about dexter balancing raising 3 kids and dealing with his dark passenger.

anyway i have a few questions, maybe it's all answered, but:

a. How did Arthur find out Dexter's new Adress?

b. How the hell Dexter followed him, was he in the Mustang's trunk?

c. And if he's followed him, how the hell Arthur had time to kill Rita?

I was also asking the same questions.