the official "I am going to the Fest 6" thread

As of 10 minutes ago, when I purchased my hotel room and airfare, I am officially going to the Fest 6. I'm flying into Orlando so I need to get a rental car, but now that I'm finally 25, that shouldn't be too much of an expense.

There's so many great bands playing -- I started to make a list of who I wanted to see, and then I realized it would be quicker to make a list of who I didn't want to see.

So who else is going?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest conoley
are there still rooms available? i need to figure out if i can go to the whole fest of just on saturday. I dont want to have to drive over to gainesville then drink and run around all day then have to drive all the way back to jacksonville later that night.

Dude, I think I have a place to stay, but I am bringing a tent just in case. Feel like camping?

You can still reserve rooms at the official Fest 6 hotel at http://www.thefestfl.com -- $124 a night.

Wow. First of all, thats ridiculously high. Second, there are parties EVERYWHERE and all the time during the Fest, why have a party going at the place you're trying to sleep at? Personally, I'm splitting my hotel room with one other person at a much cheaper and quieter hotel. That way, if I decide I want to take a rest from drinking/partying at some random hour of the day, I can head back to the hotel and not have to worry about whether the 6 dudes I'm splitting the room with are all getting wasted or if I'm going to have to wind up sleeping in the tub.

Sorry for the rant, its not directed at you Scott. Its just my take on the "Fest hotel" in general.

All I know is, I remember going to Krazyfest in Louisville in 2001 and not staying at the official KF hotel, and regretting it bigtime.

Having an "official hotel" changes the whole complexion of things. It's going to become the center of all the action. And since I don't drink (and neither does anyone I might end up rooming with), if things ever get too crazy, I can always retreat to my room and get a good night's sleep.

Not to mention the hotel is literally less than five minutes walking from all venues. Last year, we stayed about 20 minutes driving away, and it quickly became a pain, especially when you had slow-movers in your group and you wanted to see someone play earlier in the day. This way, I'm right on top of the action.

Sleep? During the Fest? Never. Last year I was so worn out, this whole year I've been practicing not sleeping so that I can enjoy my 4 days in Gainesville like no other. Heh.

Last year staying at that hotel 20-mins away was both a bad and great idea. The bad was that the damn website had the wrong hotel and I thought I should have been closer, so we started walking to the venues the first day...baaaaad idea. The good, the girl at the front counter was our age and didn't care what we did. We partied more in the hotel lobby than anywhere else.

I'm glad to be 5mins from everything this time. This way I can make all my vinyl purchases and run them back to the room w/ ease without having to worry about carrying that shit around. Plus I don't have to rent a car.

I'm glad to be 5mins from everything this time. This way I can make all my vinyl purchases and run them back to the room w/ ease without having to worry about carrying that shit around. Plus I don't have to rent a car.

Exactly. But how are you not renting a car? How are you getting there?

to anyone thats going : could pick me up any stuff that has the guy from horsbites' art on it (like the fest poster) ill pay you for it (obviously)

I actually got a bunch of Fest 6 posters in the mail -- they're just basically this year's artwork and lineup printed on newspaper, but they're in color and are pretty big. If you want one, PM me your address and I'll mail you one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i need some help. I have never attended the entire fest, the only time i went was for just one day.

This year i want to go for the entire event, i have taken off work and i am about to book a hotel room but usually how does the fest run?

When do the bands start on friday and when do they end on sunday?

please help me out if you know anything

thanks!