Goo Goo Dolls "Superstar Car Wash"?

they're a great band...not all of their more recent stuff is THAT bad...

some day I'd like to do a goo goo dolls cover band but kinda give the songs an indie/emo rock twist to em a bit more than they do and really make the songs a lot more powerful. i saw them once at Metro and the singer had a specific fan blowing his hair into his face and they were just going through the motions. Robbie was only allowed to sing 2 songs, and I was kinda bummed about that...since he WAS the lead singer for the early albums...but they lacked any emotion so all i could think of was how i wish i was seeing the band in my head playing these songs.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':mu3nup6w]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':mu3nup6w]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':k803qc8t]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':k803qc8t]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I got into punk in Buffalo in 1987. They were a very different band back then. They were like the Replacements on speed. They put out four really good records, then I stopped caring. Their fifth records blew them up with the song, "Name". That album is alright, but nothing compared to their previous. The albums after that with "Iris" and shit I've never even heard.

This is how I remember them:

Yes. Everything you just said. I have a VHS copy of that show that I bought from the guy that taped it. So it's awesome quality, straight from the master. He used to set up at record conventions in Pittsburgh. As did some other guys from Buffalo. Bootleg VHS concerts were THE hot thing pre-internet and it was a miracle that there'd be these guys with Goo Goo Dolls boots amongst all of the Kiss, Aerosmith, and Stones stuff. I picked up the S/T test for $10 from the same guy.

I remember those days when record shows had at least two dudes just selling video boots from shows. There was a raid of one of the record shows here and all those guys got the shit taken.

I used to have a video that my friend shot at a Buffalo show shortly after the release of "Hold Me Up". It was a pretty good show of them in what I would consider their prime. I lent it to a guy I knew and never saw it again.

The last time I saw them play was at their record release show for "Superstar Car Wash". It was at a record store in the city and there was maybe 150 people there. Afterwords, Robbie bought my friend and me Slim Jims at the store across the street.

I remember those days when record shows had at least two dudes just selling video boots from shows. There was a raid of one of the record shows here and all those guys got the shit taken.

I used to have a video that my friend shot at a Buffalo show shortly after the release of "Hold Me Up". It was a pretty good show of them in what I would consider their prime. I lent it to a guy I knew and never saw it again.

The last time I saw them play was at their record release show for "Superstar Car Wash". It was at a record store in the city and there was maybe 150 people there. Afterwords, Robbie bought my friend and me Slim Jims at the store across the street.

The good old days. I have mountains on VHS videos I need to learn how to convert in the near future. Yeah, the raids started happening, the internet took over, and the record shows turned shitty real quick. Hold Me Up era vids were scarce. I might have one and that's about it. I have shitloads of their audio shows from then, though. I used to trade tapes in the mail with some guy. He never understood why I didn't want any of his Replacements shows. In retrospect, I wish I would have.

Much like Soul Asylum, this band released good records before they hit it big- I give no shit for digging this band.

They did, however, play my company's annual party this year. So they're just cashing checks at this point. Oh, and Soul Asylum just played a small street fair here in Chicago. If I was 10 years older, I could've caught these bands before they started to suck.