Everyone aboard on the merry-go-round

Some things will rise up so that others come down

If the devil don't dance, heaven won't shine

It's a mighty thick haze and it's a pretty thin line

Prisons will crumble and governments will fall

It's the order of freedom to be preceded by walls

Cause the truth would be worthless if no one ever lied

So we carry our shame in the interest of pride

I agree with Sammy. I don't at all think that everything happens for a reason, but every bad incident doesn't necessarily yield bad consequences. Not to sound like I have a bloated ego or anything, but I really like the person that I've grown to be for the most part, and I probably wouldn't be who I am without negative experiences. It's silly to just say something like, "Oh, grandpa died and it sucks, but everything happens for a reason" but it's not silly to try to take something positive away from something negative.

Life can't be ninjas, puppies and awesome guitar solos all the time.

bad stuff happens, because thats how life is, it makes the good in your life look better. i will say i believe bad stuff makes you a better person, you learn resolve and strength, but saying that makes it sound like some giant bearded dude in the sky is fucking with your head.

but to a certain extent bad stuff makes you long for the good stuff to return. basically all anyone wants in life is to ride the good for as long as they can.

bad stuff happens, because thats how life is, it makes the good in your life look better. i will say i believe bad stuff makes you a better person, you learn resolve and strength, but saying that makes it sound like some giant bearded dude in the sky is fucking with your head.

but to a certain extent bad stuff makes you long for the good stuff to return. basically all anyone wants in life is to ride the good for as long as they can.

I know some people that would rather be the good than ride the good.

I wish there were more people like that, actually.

I don't believe that things happen in a predetermined manner, that God or whatever you want to believe has a "plan". I do feel that in the long run things have a way of working out. If I try and have a positive impact in my life and others', more positive things happen in my life.

There will always be bad stretches, but you just waste time and energy if that's all you focus on. Things may suck now, but you never know what's around the corner...

This. it took me a REALLY long time to realize this, but it's the gods-honest truth.

Dennis Leary has a funny saying that goes something like this:

No one is going to be happy ALL the time. happiness comes in small doses, it's a cup of coffee, a beer, a cigarette....

anyway, I'm ramblin'. I'm drinking and just dropped the needle on the new D4 record. this is a large dose of happiness!!

doesnt matter.

life is what you make it.

either waste your time bitching and crying about everything, or shrug it off and move on.

DO EPIC SHIT!

Everyone needs to follow this model