Kylesa - Static Tensions

From their myspace:

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

super ultimate limited deluxe mondo bizarro version...

We are currently hard at work on the super ultimate limited deluxe mondo bizarro version of Static Tensions. This thing is gonna come housed in a sturdy custom wooden box with the artwork screenprinted onto the cover. It’ll be the 2xLP 45 RPM version on colored vinyl exclusive to the box, and will also include the LP booklet, a special screenprinted 12×24 insert, a poster, a turntable slipmat plus some other goodies. Cost is still being determined and we’re not sure when or if we’ll pre-order these. We can tell you it’ll be limited to 150, won’t be available until late November, and will only be available from 20 Buck Spin and the band. DO NOT ASK US ABOUT PRE-ORDERS! WE WILL POST MORE NEWS WHEN THERE IS NEWS TO REPORT!

Basically, we are huge fans of vinyl and with each release we try to do something really special. For example, with To Walk A Middle Course, we made 100 records on clear vinyl with silk screened glass covers and only sold them on tour. For Time Will Fuse Its Worth, we made 100 on clear and silk screened white plexi glass. We sold these online. We figured the next logical step would be wood and Dave from 20 Buck spin came up with the box idea. Needless to say, we were way into the idea. These should look really sick and we are happy that Dave is so amped on the project.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, didn't they already do a fancy deluxe edition? i was surprised they weren't selling any vinyl of static tensions at their show a week ago. must have blown through them pretty quickly. now i want the middle course ltd tour version! :D

they had some when they were in austin.. they had tour editions with the silkcreened cover. it was just a sheet over the regular cover and album.. nothing big, but they had them then.. ufortunately, i didn't go so i couldn't pick one up and my bassist didn't have enough money.. oh well. i'll be sure to get one of these..

a little research in the future can keep you from making ridiculous low ball offers I think I bought this new for like over 40 shipped.

I don't think I could let it go for under a hundred.

Then say you wouldn't let it go for under a hundred. Of course it hasn't gone for that on ebay for awhile, and since this box probably wont be 100 bucks total and dude just wants a listening copy theres no need to get insulting to the guy. He made an offer. You don't have to take it.

http://www.popsike.com/Kylesa-Mastodon-Nachtmystium-Neurosis-Converge-Baroness/110370632363.html

http://www.popsike.com/KYLESA-Static-Tensions-2xLP-Deluxe-500-SOLD-OUT/170346208930.html

I'd trade you a first press of baroness' Red Album for it. It's the press before the relapse press.