The Revival Tour Needs Your Help

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

I just met up with the folks from the Revival Tour to get some of the Revival Tour programs and double compilation CDs. For those of you who don't know, they not only had to cancel their Denver date due to weather, but they had to cancel Salt Lake City last night and Bozeman, Montana tonight. They have been stuck in Nebraska waiting for I-80 to reopen and they are hopeful that they can make it out to Seattle tomorrow night. Because they are in a bus, they are losing lots of money not having shows. Their spirits are high, because those are the type of people they are, but if you have been on the fence about going to out to see the tour, please make sure you go. This is the greatest tour each year and it needs your support. I am so bummed I missed the tour in Denver, but that was out of my hands. I got to meet Bob Lucas, Austin's dad, and am so bummed I missed him. It was really great to see all the guys and gal (Audra Mae), and I hope you all get to do the same.

Chuck gave me a box of Revival Tour double CD samplers and I will be putting them up for sale on Monday. I will also be sending out the Revival Tour program with orders. Even if you don't normally buy CDs, I urge you to purchase this album. Not only is it one of the greatest collection of Americana/Roots/Folks/Alt-Country, but I have decided to give every penny we receive from the sale of the Cd to Chuck and the Revival Tour. Even if you didn't or don't plan to make it out to one of the shows, you should consider buying a comp CD and supporting what these guys do.

Expect more info on Monday, but please make sure these guys and gal are in your thoughts. They are some of my favorite people and I hope they can make it out to Seattle's show tomorrow night.

Any word if they will have the new split 9" with them for that show? Seriously though, I really hope they can make it safely here to Seattle. Been looking forward to this show since it was announced and would be bummed to have to wait another year. Though if seeing them means putting them at risk, driving wise, fuck it, I'll wait a year as long as they're safe in that thing. I do plan on dropping near $100 at the merch table though

Any word if they will have the new split 9" with them for that show? Seriously though, I really hope they can make it safely here to Seattle. Been looking forward to this show since it was announced and would be bummed to have to wait another year. Though if seeing them means putting them at risk, driving wise, fuck it, I'll wait a year as long as they're safe in that thing. I do plan on dropping near $100 at the merch table though

no word on the splits, but they are hopeful they get to Seattle. They said the economy has had an affect on attendance and merch sales. Your $100 would be greatly appreciated.

YES I hope they do get the 9"s by Dallas...I gotta list of people that want that 9". I need about 14 copies and thats just for other people I'm helping out! I will be spending money too!! I will say Chuck will be getting most of the $$$ I'm spending, But I'll be getting other merch from the other artists...with the hopes they will have some vinyl too........DRIVE SAFELY!

Will be picking up that cd, any chance on the Ragan splits being available online.

They should play a show in St. Louis to try to make up some $ from the missed shows, or at least one could hope.

Hope things get a little easier for them.

was told that we would get some of the splits if they had some left after tour. since the records were done late, I am sure we will get some.

well shit, the fucking venue won't answer the phone, which is the usual deal for them. Show doesn't start until 9:30, so I guess we'll just drive up there. Hopefully they answer sometime in the next couple of hours. If anyone is in Seattle, drive by el corazon and post back if their tour bus is out front, lol

They were an hour late and we were as well. They do not have the split 9" either. People have been in front of the merch table since the doors opened though. I'm gonna buy a couple items and I think my lady might grab a couple items too. Some nice lookin' ladies tonight all dressed up for Halloween, hell yeah!

So I thought I would update on how the tour went last night, just because it seems like the place to do it. Like I mentioned in the post above, they were an hour late, which we were as well, so thankfully we didn't miss anything, though I bet the people standing outside for an extra hour were not stoked. They had a ton of items at the merch table, everything but the split 9". Gold Country is on black vinyl, at least my copy was. I grabbed the double CD sampler deal. My girlfriend grabbed a shirt and something else. I had planned on dropping a little more, but the 9" threw me. Anyways, show started with the entire group on stage doing a few numbers. It was Bob Lucas' last night of the tour, so they kept bringing him up. Guy is amazing with instruments and played most of the evening. Audra Mae was next and I wasn't sure what to expect. But wow, I almost wanna say my favorite of the night. She did this really fun song and I wish I could track it down. Such an amazing voice. Up next was this "fun" bluegrass type band outta portland. It was fun for a few songs, but it just got annoying and they were on stage for far too long. This turned into everyone stressing for the rest of the night about time on stage. They finally got done and most everyone came back on stage. Then there was some discussion and it was austin and his dad and then his sister to. They did an amazing version of Go West, another standout for the evening. It got kind of random from this point on. Chuck did get back on stage and had a great time with a few songs. I'm really bummed he wasn't on stage more, but the trip was worth it for the 4 or 5 songs we got to see. Jim Ward came on and wasn't super into it, so we hit the merch table to spend what we could and got out of there. I was pushing 24 hours of being awake and it was wearing on me. I said hello to Austin on the way out. He's playing in Seattle again in a couple of days and he was pretty pumped on the test press jackets I did for his record several months ago. I'm sure some of it was the amount of whiskey he had been drinking, but I'm stoked and can't wait to see him this week again.

So yeah, shitty little show review. It was a good time and I can't wait to see them again next year!

whats on the double cd? digipack?

it's not a digipack not sure what to name of the package but it isn't a jewel case.

It is a double CD with tracks from all of the artist on the tour. 24 tracks in all. It is a great comp. I will have more info on monday