Ohio high school senior elected to school board

This kinda rules:

[image]

[image]

http://www.cantonrep.com/election/x1972889262/High-school-senior-becomes-superintendent-s-boss

Kathryn Knowles wakes up today, not just another Jackson High senior.

Knowles, 18, has become Superintendent Cheryl Haschak’s boss — at least one of them.

The Jackson senior won a seat on the Jackson Local Board of Education in Tuesday’s general election.

Unofficial election results in Stark County show Knowles finished third, enough to win a seat.

Three seats were available. The seats are for four-year terms.

The other winners were incumbents Thomas Winkhart and Kenneth Douglas, respectively.

James Giulitto finished in fourth place.

“A lot of friends stayed with me and showed their support all the way,” Knowles said Tuesday night.

a kid i graduated with got elected to the school board.

up until relatively recently he had a photo of himself shirtless, with a mohawk and a raw fish in his mouth as his profile picture on facebook.

prettttty sure he only won because he has the same name as his dad, who has been on the schoolboard for eternity and people thought that they were voting for him instead.

Guest kissthesharks
is she planning on going to college? if so, how's she making all the meetings?

I was thinking that. What if she wants to move to go to college?

Guest eriathomas

Jackson Township is a pretty nice suburb of Canton, with a pretty good school system, so good for her for beating out some people who probably have been doing it for years.

I bet she said she'll put vending machines in the cafeteria. Whoever said that in high school was who I voted for in student council elections.

i did a interview for my high school newspaper and it turns out we had vending machines in the cafe but they were turned off every day AT lunch time.

turns out there's a mass law that says that nothing can be sold that would compete with school systems lunch.