R.I.P. Jerry Fuchs...

I'm really curious as to what the hell the circumstances were to him dying, this is really odd...

was he an elevator engineer/electrician and died at work?

was he trapped in an elevator and this was the escape route?

was he fucking around and died?!

According to an article in the NY Post him and a friend were on a freight elevator and it got stuck 3 or 4 ft. above a floor, so they just opened the door and were going to jump down. The friend went first and made it but Jerry's clothes got snagged on something and he swung under the elevator and fell. Pretty sad. Dude would have been alive if he were a little more careful or patient.

I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that Pitchblende changed the way I think about music. The Turing Machine came along later and continued to blow my mind. I'll admit I don't really know that much about the guy, but he was associated with those bands so that's a bummer. Would be a bummer anyway, just saying ...

damn, crazy. is it because i finally got the color vinyl version of their last album off discogs last weekend that he had to go and die in a freak accident? :( just saw them for the first time last month, hard to believe he's gone. my friend recorded their set and Jerry gave him a Lone Star beer in gratitude. major bummer.