Vinyl budget?

does anyone else ever think like this?

Say you go out to dinner and drinks with your old lady/man and the bill is like 50 bucks and you just think to yourself. wow i could of eaten a pb&j at the house and gotten the alkaline trio/smoking popes 7" off ebay.

maybe its just me...

haha I do that all the time!

After rent and all my other bills....I can go nuts.

I have been going dirty lately,buying whatever I want. but I haven't really had money to blow on what I want for the past year. So I guess I am making up for lost time.

Besides,my girlfriend blows a shitload more on books than I do on records every month.

i don't even want to know how much i spend on vinyl. but to put in some sort of perspective, on payday, on average, i have about $1,000-1,100 in my account. by the next payday (2 and 1/2 weeks later) it's around $950 (at the highest) or $850 (at the lowest). this includes lunch at work, and other non-vinyl expenses. concert tickets, gas, etc...

I dropped about $100 between Vinyl Collective and 29 North orders this week already, and felt pretty bad about it, until one of my co-workers came into my office today wearing a new cardigan. I asked him how much it was, and he replied "Not too much; about $270."

I am completely content with wearing band T-shirts and jeans and using my extra money on records instead of fancy clothing.

I am completely content with wearing band T-shirts and jeans and using my extra money on records instead of fancy clothing.

this exact issue is a point of contention between my girlfriend and i. shes always trying to get me to buy expensive sneakers or jeans. i get pissed off buying $60 jeans. i dont care whose name is on my clothes.