Isis celebrates 10th anniversary...

jhulud

From Punknews.org

Isis celebrates 10th anniversary with tour, singles

Isis is set to celebrate their 10^th anniversary with a bi-coastal tour as well as the release of a pair of CD singles. The singles, the original songs culled from the 2006 release of In the Absence of Truth include Holy Tears and Not In Rivers, But In Drops. The singles will include live versions and remixes by the Melvins and Lustmord. Holy Tears is due out November 21, 2007 while Not In Rivers will drop in January 2008.

The set list for the celebratory tour will feature songs spanning the band*s ten-year discography which includes four full length albums and a number of EPs, singles and split releases. Openers for the full range of dates will be longtime friends and collaborators 27 as well as a variety of artists on different dates including Big Business, Oxbow, and These Arms Are Snakes.

November 1, 2007 New York, NY Irving Plaza Oxbox, 27

November 2, 2007 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Oxbox, 27

November 3, 2007 Boston, MA The Middle East Oxbox, 27

November 4, 2007 Boston, MA The Middle East Clouds, 27

November 14, 2007 Seattle, WA Neum' Oxbox, 27s These Arms Are Snakes / 27

November 15, 2007 Vancouver, BC Richards on Richards These Arms Are Snakes / 27

November 16, 2007 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre

November 18, 2007 San Francisco, CA Slims Big Business, 27

November 20, 2007 Los Angeles, CA The Troubadour Big Business, 27

http://www.punknews.org/article/25650

will totally be at irving plaza. fuck yes.

Being that there is no Florida dates...yet again...I have already started scheming to make my way to Boston for this...all a matter if I can stay with a friend...which would work out perfectly as he lives right down the street from the Middle East... ;D

Quick question for the Boston area peeps...I saw that the show is 18+ w/ I.D. required. How strict are they at the Middle East when it comes to out-of-state licenses? I have never been to a show there...only for dinner and beers...and one time a local jazz band...but this was in the corner bar/restaurant.

Quick question for the Boston area peeps...I saw that the show is 18+ w/ I.D. required. How strict are they at the Middle East when it comes to out-of-state licenses? I have never been to a show there...only for dinner and beers...and one time a local jazz band...but this was in the corner bar/restaurant.

do you look 18?

I've never listened to Isis. Educate me.

- Jeff

Listen to oceanic, and panopticon, then everything else IMO.

I second that. Those two records are good points to start. One word of warning...stay away from the Oceanic: Remixes...they were terrible...at least I thought so...

• 3 weeks later...