Converge - What album should I listen to 1st?

jhulud

Ok...here's the deal...I have never really been into Converge. To be fair though, I have not listened to much of their music to begin with.

So, which album of theirs would any of you guys who are fans recommend that I listen to first to get "exposed" to?

I'm all over the place when it comes to music taste.

Fire away!

Jane Doe is, without a doubt, the record that made people really go "Holy Shit!" about Converge. There were plenty of people doing the kind of thing Converge was doing early on (Deadguy, Today is the day to name two big ones), but when Jane Doe came out it was a big step away from any of those contemporaries. Plus everyone liked it. I'd go to the record store and hear it. I'd meet kids on the street listening to it. It's just an incredible record.

Start there. And don't even bother with Petitioning... and Forever comes... . Just get the re-issues. The remastering, etc. on those ads an awful lot.

Personally I think my favorite is "You Fail Me," although I would have put the songs in a different order. But that's just me.