The season premiere of SNL

Unfunny as expected. Lebron James was in, like, two sketches (playing himself -- what a stretch!), Andy Samberg's digital short was weak, the Ambiguously Gay Duo cartoon was lame, Kanye was underwhelming, I can't believe that terrible BET talk show sketch made it to air -- the only saving grace was Weekend Update, as usual.

Ugh, this show is so consistently disappointing.

i loved most of last season, but it kind of seems like they're out of ideas. lyle kane was in a sketch last year, they're STILL doing penelope, even though that's dead as a doornail...the solid gold dancer sketch was essentially "deep house dish"...they need some fresh shit. the only recurring sketch from last year i'd like to see is mcgruber.

they really should've just not had lebron james and made the season premiere next week's show; seth rogen and spoon? way better combination.

Guest scriptedrain

I'm in agreement with what everyone else has said, but I have to add that the Presidential candidate intro has got to go. It's so awful / awkward to sit through. You can do an impression, we get it. There's no point beyond that.

- Jeff

Yeah, I watched it. Lebron James shouldn't be a host in the first place

I feel that way about anyone that plays keep-away with any type of object(ball,puck,etc)for a living hosting SNL. What do these dudes know about comedic timing? Zilch.

Now if it was giving high five's and smacking everyone's ass in a locker room.....that may be entertaining for one minute.

Jocks should just stay off SNL.

Never seen it.

here's some things that have happned with cast members since the State was done:

Reno 911

Stella

The Baxter

Wet Hot American Summer

Viva La Variety

The Ten

and those are just the "big" ones, the 11 members of that show have done a TON of stuff.

The show is set to finally hit DVD by years end, although sadly with resourced music.