"in back" (retail related)

I need to get this out there: there is no magical fucking "in back". If a clerk say they are out of something, that's it. There's no magical land where all the out of stock merchandise runs wild among its brothers. There's a stock room. But guess what asshole? Its fucking empty because its christmas time. I can't stock a shelf with the sarah boyle or andrea bocelli albums fast enough for the customers to buy them, so when that shits gone, its done. Don't ask me if its "in back" after I tell you were sold out. I'm a little too on edge monday nights, I may snap and shank your dumb as shit ass. So in recap: there is no fucking "in back" the only thing in back is a parking lot that probably has a crack head you will suck you off for 5 bucks, not the visual guide to lego star wars, you dumb fuck.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at Home Depot (At Home Depot not in front of home depot) and even at that place there was product "in back." Unless literally ever item you have is on your shelves, which did not happen one day in two summers, there will be product "in back." So I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If it's a tickle me elmo you're a dick for asking when you're told they're sold out. If it's a record your store is probably only going to get a few copies of? Fuck you, I'll ask if it is in the back because my personal experience is that 9 times out of 10 its in the back. I know it's hard to be doing work when you're at work, but hey them's the breaks. I don't like walking door to door in gang territory when I'm on the clock but I don't bitch because I knew that was a part of it going in.

it just bothered me when i specifically said 'everything we have is out on the floor' and they still stared at me and asked if we had any 'in the back' or said 'can you just go check anyways?'

check what? the empty backroom?

This is one of those things where it comes down to good employees being hurt by the shit heads. I've been blown off when I've asked if something is in the back before only to find someone willing to go look, and low and behold it almost always leads to them finding what I asked them to look for. Working retail at the holidays is the pits, and nothing sucks more than rude parents looking to spoil their spawn and taking their late shopping out on you. But they're not fucking up your day by asking you to look. You still get paid for the time you look. So look.

Again this doesn't apply to tickle me elmo style hype items. You know for sure they're putting all that stuff out on the floor.

And if you ask the dude @ jimmy johns if they have pepperoni in back, I'll bet anything the dude will cum in your sandwich. Esp if your in south carolina.

we get asked this all the time at work. We have only one soup available, and if it says "chicken noodle" and you ask for some other kind, we just keep pointing toward the sign that says "chicken noodle".

here was our conversation a few weeks ago with customer:

Customer: Can i have a large Broccoli and Cheddar?

Me: we don't have it today.

Customer: You don't have broccoli and cheddar?

Me: No, only Chicken Noddle. Sorry.

Customer: So you don't have any in the back?

Me: No, we only have Chicken Noodle.

Customer: But you have it on other days.

Me: But we don't have it today.

Customer: Are you sure?

Me: Yes

Customer: Can i speak to your manager.

Manager: Yes, may i help you?

Customer: Do you have Broccoli and Cheddar?

Manager: No, i'm sorry we don't.

Customer: But you had the other day.

Manager: Well, we rotate the soups daily.

Customer: So you don't have it right now then?

Manager: No, we do not.

Customer: Can i get a free bowl of what you do have since you don't have what i want?

Manager: No, it doesnt work that way

Customer: Well you are out of what i want, so i think i should get something for free.

Manager: We don't work that way. You are more than welcome to buy something though.

Customer: Now i don't want anything. Your corporate office will be hearing from me.

At this point a customer just started laughing and caller her a the nutter (he was english)

Found out she called wanting free coupons because we didn't have the soup she wanted. And apparently we were rude. They told her in a polite way to go Fuck herself.

I hated when people would ask for stuff when i worked for best buy. I would tell them we were out, and they always asked if we had any in the back. We once got asked if the customer can see for herself. Apparently she didn't believe we had no WII's. Some people..