Andrew W.K.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that last video was great, does the dude doing that last video look diff than the dude in the confession video to you guys? what about the dude on the cover of close calls with brickwalls doesnt that dude look different too, and like I said before the music on that album sounded nothing like I Get Wet Or The Wolf, something still isnt sitting right

Another board I post on was talking about this and I'll offer the same thing:

AWK played in Providence in 03? 04? The Wolf wasn't out yet. He was opening for some awful bands, we had tickets from the radio station I worked at and went. AWK was great and my friend and I left immediately afterward. We were outside shooting the shit when AWK came out. He came over and was talking to us about the whole Providence noise scene and some of the smaller places he used to play in Prov. (Load ended up putting out the "close calls" 2xLP). He ended up saying, "hey lets go grab some food" we went and got some hot dogs at a local place called Spikes. We hung out with him for a few hours.

Last year I saw him in NYC. I went up to just say hello and he launched into a conversation about Providence, and how he heard that the Spikes location had closed.

Why would someone who is the #2 AWK remember A) who I was and B) minor details about a few hours spent hanging out 5 or 6 years prior? Seems both improbable and impossible.

That's all I've got.

Another board I post on was talking about this and I'll offer the same thing:

AWK played in Providence in 03? 04? The Wolf wasn't out yet. He was opening for some awful bands, we had tickets from the radio station I worked at and went. AWK was great and my friend and I left immediately afterward. We were outside shooting the shit when AWK came out. He came over and was talking to us about the whole Providence noise scene and some of the smaller places he used to play in Prov. (Load ended up putting out the "close calls" 2xLP). He ended up saying, "hey lets go grab some food" we went and got some hot dogs at a local place called Spikes. We hung out with him for a few hours.

Last year I saw him in NYC. I went up to just say hello and he launched into a conversation about Providence, and how he heard that the Spikes location had closed.

Why would someone who is the #2 AWK remember A) who I was and B) minor details about a few hours spent hanging out 5 or 6 years prior? Seems both improbable and impossible.

That's all I've got.

exactly. i've had a number of friends have similar experiences like this where they met him around the Wolf era and then saw him again in NYC and went right into conversations with them as if they had talked a week prior. I love AWK, he is everything people should be, and that is being rad.

Andrew W.K. is in Cleveland all week recording something, and I just secured an interview for this Friday morning to get to the bottom of all of this.

OH SHIT, SON. IT IS ON.

Post questions if you have any.

ask him if he knows where the video footage from his set at Krazyfest is at.

Andrew W.K. is in Cleveland all week recording something, and I just secured an interview for this Friday morning to get to the bottom of all of this.

OH SHIT, SON. IT IS ON.

Post questions if you have any.

ask him if he knows where the video footage from his set at Krazyfest is at.

I have a DVD of it.

I'll see if I can find someone at work who has a DVD-R drive and burn you a copy. It is EPIC.

I LOOOOOVE KRA-ZY-FEEEEEST!

OOOOOH YEAH, KRA-ZY-FEEEST!

any idea who shot the video? I remember they had like 3 cameras filming the entire fest for a DVD... that never came out/fruition because of initial closing doors... must see this!

I'll see if I can find someone at work who has a DVD-R drive and burn you a copy. It is EPIC.

I LOOOOOVE KRA-ZY-FEEEEEST!

OOOOOH YEAH, KRA-ZY-FEEEST!

any idea who shot the video? I remember they had like 3 cameras filming the entire fest for a DVD... that never came out/fruition because of initial closing doors... must see this!

It's a bootleg that my friend Chris (aka sickboi from Punknews) filmed. It's single-camera on a tripod, and looks so rad.