Underrated 90s bands

stefan

how do you figure that a band that is LEGENDARY is somehow, UNDERrated?

granted, they've never been as popular as the rolling stones or some shit like that, but just about everybody that's heard them loves them to the point of insanity.

granted, they've never been as popular as the rolling stones or some shit like that, but just about everybody that's heard them loves them to the point of insanity.

I think that probably qualifies more as under-appreciated than underrated. They are quite similar though.

Garden Variety

Shotmaker

(the sound quality is really bad but check out their discography on troubleman or the mouse-ear-forget-me-not lp)

Party of Helicopters

http://www.myspace.com/thepartyofhelicopters

and I couldn't find links for these good chicago punk bands:

tricky dick

sludgeworth

oh, and The Jesus Lizard, not really underrated, but if you haven't heard them, you must.

I think that probably qualifies more as under-appreciated than underrated. They are quite similar though.

I was going for under-appreciated and the young peeps need to check them out. You're right about them being legendary and that 'those that have heard them love them to the point of insanity', but I'd venture to guess that anybody under 20 on this board probably doesn't remember them from the first time around and has, at best, heard bands they like talk about them.

That, coupled with my being on a Hum kick lately, is why I put them.

Umm how come no one has mentioned That Dog yet.

Because That Dog sucked ballz.

Retreat From The Sun was a good album. I also think the first 2 Muffs albums were great as well.

I will say one of the most underated 90's bands will always be The Meices. I am totally gay for this band. Really good punkish/power pop.They had that video for "Daddy's Gone To California" with Ron Jeremy in it.They made fun of it on Beavis and Butthead.

If you want to check them out, Start with their "Tastes Like Chicken" album.