THE FELIX CULPA Sever Your Roots 2xLP ON SALE NOW!

That's them! If you look closely, you'll see the Felix Culpa record in that video a number of times -- pretty cool!

And to anyone looking to press a record, I haven't worked with any other companies so my experiences are limited, but I can say that Vince, Matt and everyone at Gotta Groove treated me like I was their most important customer, guiding me through every step of the way and even hand-delivering my records to me!

They loved the record so much they invited the Felix Culpa to play their SXSW party, which to me is just about the ultimate compliment a pressing plant can give.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked this up at Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL yesterday. I'm excited.

Rad, thank you so much for picking it up! What did your clear/black mix turn out to look like? Post pics!

My copy is definitely a milder variation than the one you post in the blog. The A/B side I didn't even notice any black, I'll have to go after work and check it out. The C/D side had small smokey looking part to it. I didn't even realize there was this clear/black mix variation I got very excited when i saw the black in the clear yesterday. I'll post pics when I get home.

I hope these guys play Texas soon. I got excited when I saw they were touring with The Dear Hunter but they aren't coming anywhere near here.

They'll be in Texas next month! They're playing in Houston and Austin -- info's on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thefelixculpa

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another example of the black/clear mix that someone got:

http://twitpic.com/15zdh0

Anyone else in the Chicago area track one down yet?

Also, the band are getting ready to tour their way down to SXSW -- if you want to pick up a copv of Sever Your Roots in person, they will have vinyl at all shows:

Mar 15 2010 7:00P

The Canopy Club w/ Big Science Urbana, Illinois

Mar 16 2010 8:00P

Vino’s Pizza Pub & Brewery w/ Look Mexico and Suns Little Rock, Arkansas

Mar 17 2010 7:00P

The Brickyard w/ Suns Mountain Home, Arkansas

Mar 18 2010 7:00P

Super Happy Fun Land - SXSW Overflow w/ Finn Riggins and Dangerous Ponies and Su Houston, Texas

Mar 19 2010 7:00P

Trailer Space Records - SXSW - Gotta Groove Records Showcase Austin, Texas

scott...

first of all thanks again for everything this weekend (and, if you haven't found it yet, sorry about the cum stain in your record room... :-/). i'm going over to my parents' house on tuesday so i'll swing by Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills since i'll be so close and see if they've got one.

in retrospect, i probably should have just bought one straight from you at your house, but that would have been the intelligent thing to do and we both know that's not the type of person i am.

but seriously, thanks again for everything this weekend.

[image]

Guest adam526
If anyone was interested in the clear/black mix I'd be willing to run out to the Hot Topic by me and pick it up...just to throw it out there. It was $15.99 in the store.

I'll take it