what do you do with your 'rare' vinyl?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll listen to pretty much everything I have except if I have multiple copies then I'll just listen to one of them. One exception would be my copy of HUM's Downward is Heavenward that I have listened to perhaps twice. I bought it off ebay for $50 and just want to keep it as mint as possible. If I ever track down a copy of their other album You'd Prefer an Astronaut ($100-$200 generally) I'm not so sure I'd even be willing to play it once. I would just want to stare at it.

i play them rare or unrare and i don't worry about what kind of damage could happen in the process of playing them. i mean most of my records have only been played maybe a max of 3-4 times anyway, thats what happens when you own too many records. the ones that do get played often and there's a reason for that, i appreciate the wearing of the grooves because it's a display of my love for that album.

I play it. I collect stuff so that I can listen to it on vinyl, not just stare at it. The only exception to this is the HWM- Till the Wheels Fall Off tour edition. I just can't bring myself to put this on my record player, as I have a regular copy also. Maybe I'll get around to it someday...

I put that needle on the record.

...and play that song again!

Nice! 8-)

I also have a "just arrived, to be listened to" section/pile, although I am just about done listening to the stuff I got yesterday. I can say I have listened to the vast majority of my collection at least once. The only things I haven't listened to are some of the classic rock LPs I either got for free out of a dumpster or for $0.25 at Bananas. I just never had the time to listen to them once I started doing ebay/mailorder.