Fat Wreck Time to Sell Out Pool 10/16

stefan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to do the buy 1 sell 1 on ebay thing, but I didn't start doing it until recently.

I feel slimey doing that. I mean if I leave the other copy I would buy for someone else maybe they're as big a fan as I. Now they have to pay $40 for something they could have rightfully had for $8. I dunno, just can't justify it personally. Don't hold it against people for the most part. I will say I'm much more morally okay with trading something if I buy two than I am just outright selling it.

Guest falloutcollapse
I've always wanted to do the buy 1 sell 1 on ebay thing, but I didn't start doing it until recently.

I feel slimey doing that. I mean if I leave the other copy I would buy for someone else maybe they're as big a fan as I. Now they have to pay $40 for something they could have rightfully had for $8. I dunno, just can't justify it personally. Don't hold it against people for the most part. I will say I'm much more morally okay with trading something if I buy two than I am just outright selling it.

Yeah, I'm going to start buying two of things that I know are going to sell out, for trading purposes only.

i think it was frank's sig on the nofxwiki... but it said...

"all is fair in love and record collecting."

if some one wants to buy more than one copy to sell later on or trade, fuck, let them take advantage of it. this saying applys to everyone that was complaining about people buying 2 copies of that brand new lp. but that asshole who bought 13, now i'm sure he's buying them PURELY for the money. chances are he doesnt even celebrate the format of vinyl.

if some one wants to buy more than one copy to sell later on or trade, fuck, let them take advantage of it. this saying applys to everyone that was complaining about people buying 2 copies of that brand new lp. but that asshole who bought 13, now i'm sure he's buying them PURELY for the money. chances are he doesnt even celebrate the format of vinyl.

I agree with you on both points...

Waaaaaaayyy back in the day, I used to buy multiple copies of a record for later trading and possible selling. Now it's been more of just being satisfied with a single copy. From time to time, I will still get a second copy for a friend or my brother.

Like I said, I don't begrudge anyone for doing it. I just feel slimey doing it myself.

Like I said, I don't begrudge anyone for doing it. I just feel slimey doing it myself.

haha, i know what you mean. i mean, i do it sometimes, too. i don't always buy two copies with the complete intention of selling it, it's more of a safety copy. that if i fall on hard times and i need the cash, i'll still have a copy for myself.

but shit selling out and finding other ways to get the damn record is one of the reasons why record collecting is frustrating, but fun.

i justify my ebaying as going to fund vinyl pressings. i'm begining to think pressing vinyl is a more expensive hobby than collecting it :)

oh there's no question it is. shipping bulk vinyl is a total pain in the ass, not to mention expensive.

anti flag

bad religion

I just named against me cause they were on fat too before they went on a major

hey now, BR jumped back to Epitaph...uh nevermind.

well hopefully hause (who i feel is the brainchild of TLO) has enough control over the band and has his head on straight about which label his band is signed to. i mean, he did make fun of yemin's band being signed to pete wentz's label. but i think that whole lifetime-related "family" has a pretty good sense of sticking to indie labels.