Alkaline Trio - This Addiction PO up at Interpunk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope it doesn't suck like the last one.

The last one actually got be back into Alkaline Trio whereas I was very disappointed in Crimson and stopped listening to them for a while.

From what I have heard they are going to make a "punk" record. I don't really know what that means though. At least whatever they are doing is on their terms and not a major.

“This record is a rock record but our punk rock upbringing definitely shines through, more so than our last few records,” says singer/guitarist Matt Skiba “The vibe is similar to our humble beginnings. It’s a step forward but I also think it has glimmers of our past in it.”

havent they said that about the past two albums?

I just hope it doesn't suck like the last one.

That album really grew on me. To be honest, I've been listening to their newer material much more than the old as of late.

yeah i am with u on this as crimson , from here to infirmary and agony and irony are the 3 albums i listen to . before that the songs are hit and miss .

cant wait for this though as while i liked the last album a ton crimson was a materpeice in my mind and if they could come close to that i would be thrilled .

I agree with Casey, I think the pills/heart design can be summed up by ::)+*sigh*+facepalm

I just wish I was there to slap them when this exchange happened:

"Dude, it's like...sometimes, love is like a drug addiction."

"Bro, that's deep."

"Totally. So deep that we should write an entire concept album about its complete deep-itude. Also, I love Satan."

I was so happy last night when I found out I could order this for the store! Then saw that DCFC's Transatlanticism has either been repressed or someone found some. My turntable is getting anxious!

Two questions real quick: Has it leaked yet (because I'm impatient LOL)? And what's on the DVD that comes with the CD/DVD version - making of + videos or?