LABEL PEOPLE: Post Your Upcoming Releases for 2010

In this thread we will get everyone excited about upcoming records - that will be released by all the fine people who do labels on this board - by listing and discussing what's coming up for all of us! Descriptions, links to tracks or artwork, and general overall hype are encouraged.

Go!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out now:

Get Rad "What the Fuck Happened to Common Sense" LPEP

upcoming:

Mexican Cheerleader "Genghis Puss" LP

Voice in the Wire "Signals in Transmission" LP

Hellmouth / Explode and Make Up split 7"

the Killing Tree "Bury Me at Make-out Creek" LP

that's it for now, other things are in the works as well.

hahaha...I forgot to add ours - duh :/

SED NON SATIATA - Final LP

This record is going to kill you for sure... Six unbelievably emotionally charged tracks of French hardcore/screamo that will bring their existence to rest. If you haven't checked them out yet, do so immediately. We will be uploading a track to our Myspace player sometime this month. The record will be a cooperative effort between Protagonist in the US, and Adagio830 in Germany, and Echo Canyon in France. There will be colored vinyl, digital download cards, and we expect to have this out in Feb/March or so.

BLACK KITES - new 12"

New Jersey has always bred fantastic bands, and to continue this fine tradition, we give you the sophomore full-length from this trio. Emotive, political, and heavy as Rosie O'Donnell at the Sizzler buffet...this band is going to crush you. Listen and U R Moshing! If Deadguy and 108 and His Hero Is Gone could have a hardcore love-child, this band might be it. Recording for this record will begin this winter, hope to release in the Spring.

TEENAGE COOL KIDS / DANIEL STRIPED TIGER - split 7"

The bands are good friends and have been talking about this forever.......Looks like it's finally gonna see the light of day. A "party" themed record with fun packaging and little surprises, it will include two trax each from TCK and DST. This will be a split-label release with Clean Plate. Both bands have recorded, more details to come as they materialize.

ZANN - 10th Anniversary 7"/CD

Having toured the world, including the US several times, and released multiple fantastic records, this German band has amassed a deservedly dedicated following. And after 10 years, they fall into a rare category of bands who last in the DIY scene....this new release will celebrate that accomplishment with 2 new songs and a CD of additional material. I heard the new songs while I was on tour with them in Europe this past Fall, and damn! Recording has begun, so we expect this out in the first half of the year. And then do yourself a huge favor and go see them on tour on the East Coast this summer with Black Kites.

So, these are the confirmed items...

possible stuff with Fergus & Geronimo, Absinthe, Osceola, and Vague Taste are percolating

as well.

Vox Inferne ; World Inferno Presents Vox inferne - 7" (Members of World Inferno doing things a bit different)

The Energy - LP - Houston punk in vain of The Wire and KBD type bands.

Ghost Knife -7"- Members of The Riverboat Gamblers, j Church, ATX punk super group.

New website And Logo soon!

Www.teamsciencerecords.com

WTR-002 Tabernackle - Pestilence 7" - Pre orders are up now www.willowtreerecords.bigcartel.com and two new songs up at www.myspace.com/willowtreerecords

WTR-003 The Devil, My Pocket - New 7" - Indie/folk from Providence. They're recording this now so until then www.myspace.com/thedevilmypocket

I've got a few things I want to put out too later in the year.

Coming in March...

The Future Now "S/T" LP

(This will be the debut full length from a relatively new Gainesville band. Ex members of Luca Brasi and J Page. I think this record rules. www.myspace.com/thefuturenowband )

City of Ships 7"

Young Livers/Capsule split 7"

(one new jam from each band)

www.soundstudyrecordings.com

Guest afsdan

Bailer LP

The second full length, killer punk/hc. Some tracks up at www.myspace.com/bailer

[image] Giant Eyeball "...could be from the time I messed with Texas" 2xCD

Somewhat a concept album about a road trip across the American south defined through Classical Greek literature, 99 bottles of beer on the wall, fugitive apparitions, bad weather, good weather, and bad luck. 80+ minutes of punk, hardcore, metal, noise, kraut, etc. in a blender set to liquify. Stir in multitudes of drugs, bake at 350 degrees until golden.

some tracks up at www.ashfromsweat.com/afs20.html

[image] Rivers Run Dry and Rocky's Red Rocket collection CD

One band, two names. Rocky's Red Rocket was a punk/hc/metal band that we all loved, and they recorded some demos and a CD. Then they changed their name to Rivers Run Dry and took on a slightly more Nordic sound in their metal, complete with key-tars. They recorded 2 songs for a 7" that never came out. This collection will fill the catalog number for the ill-fated 7".

This one is in the production stages! Finally!

The bands are good friends and have been talking about this forever.......Looks like it's finally gonna see the light of day. A "party" themed record with fun packaging and little surprises, it will include two trax each from TCK and DST. This will be a split-label release with Clean Plate. Both bands have recorded, more details to come as they materialize.

WOAH.

WOAH.

Yep. We're stoked. Never thought it would happen, but it finally lurched forward in the last few weeks!!

Yes, that Absinthe from Arizona back in the 90's and ex-Groundwork.

Not back together or anything, just a discography CD/DVD that's been talked about

for a bunch of years. Really hoping we can put all of the many little pieces together

finally this year and get it out.

And man, thanks for knowing we are/were Josh! Didn't think too many, if any, here would...

Coming in March...

The Future Now "S/T" LP

(This will be the debut full length from a relatively new Gainesville band. Ex members of Luca Brasi and J Page. I think this record rules. www.myspace.com/thefuturenowband )

City of Ships 7"

Young Livers/Capsule split 7"

(one new jam from each band)

www.soundstudyrecordings.com

can't wait for that City of Ships record!

I will be putting this out as a shaped picture disc:

God, I hope you're serious.

I wish I was, I wish I was. :) I would put it out for my own amusement if I could. I was thinking of using the scene with the bear fucking for the picture disc, make sure its really high brow, top notch stuff.

First release for 2010:

BURIED INSIDE "Chronoclast" LP

limited edition repress (originally on Relapse) with all new artwork/layout. 180 gram vinyl, and heavy letter press jackets. 200 on colored vinyl for mailorders, the rest on black. preorders going up in less than 2 weeks.

then:

a couple of Phoenix Bodies 7"s, Chibalo LP (ex-Killsadie/Song of Zarathustra), probably a few other 7"s, new Building Better Bombs full-length, etc.