Fuck telemarketers

Guest eriathomas

Guest eriathomas

I get 5-6 calls a day from a number that is just listed as "002" on my cell phone. I answered it the first few times, and they ask me if I am interested in some online school crap and I always tell them to remove me and to stop calling, but they keep fucking calling and it's driving me crazy. This has been going on for like 5 months now, and there is no way to report them to the FCC since they mask their number, and never tell me who they are. I am about to change my fucking number over this shit.

Guest eriathomas

I've thought of that, and probably should, but they always call at like 8 in the morning or when I am in the middle of class or work. I will if they call when I'm actually not doing anything.

Guest eriathomas

I don't anymore but it's fucking annoying to have to ignore 5-6 calls a day.

what schools do they reprsent?

They have never said. They ask if I am interested in furthering my education, and I always tell them I am in school so I am not interested in whatever they are selling.

I have this same problem, but with my cable company. The best solution I've heard, if your phone is capable of custom ringtones, is to record however many seconds of silence and set it as the ringtone for a contact for 002. Makes it much easier to ignore, because these calls can get incredibly annoying even if you don't answer. This doesn't really work so well if you keep your phone on vibrate like I do most of the time.

Guest eriathomas

I just got a call from them before I went to class, it some company called "College Search". I told them to stop calling, but they were pretty adamant about me hanging up. Time to figure out how to report them to the FCC.

what i do when telemarketers call is say 'can you hold on a minute,' usually they say sure and then i just leave the phone sitting there with the volume to my speaker phone turned off so i don't have to hear the dial tone bullshit whenever they decided to hang up.

i signed up for that national do not call list and it seems that i actually got more telemarketers calling than ever before, like they were using that list to add to their own contact numbers. i still get calls from telemarketers but now it's down to about one or two a week.