Good Wii games??

ps

OK, so I bought a Wii for my kids for Christmas. I already got the Wii Play w/the extra controller. I know some of you own a Wii, so any recommendations for good games? Its mainly for my 3 year old son and my 11 year old step-son. I was thinking of Medal of Honor and/or Red Steel for the 11 year old. Thanks

I have a wii and Red Steel is bad. I would pick up Zelda, it is not only the best game for wii, it will also make the 11 year old do puzzles. It is fun. Super Paper Mario is also pretty great. For both age groups I would get Rayman Raving Rabbits. It's a party game basically and fun for everyone. If you can way though, Super Mario Galaxy is coming out next month. It is sure to be the best game for the system.

Guitar Hero III comes out next month on Wii, and I would wholeheartedly endorse that -- not only is it fun, it would encourage your kid to "act like a rock star" -- in essence run around the living room, jump up and down, etc. Get 'em some exercise!

(Says the morbidly obese dude.)

Plus it will help the younger one develop hand-eye coordination.

Zak & Wiki would be perfect for you and your children.

Super Paper Mario is both intuitive, challenging, and a blast!

Zelda is fantastic

Resident Evil 4 might not be great for your children, but it's one of the greatest game sever.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is perfect for parties and kids

Mario Strikers, the soccer game is amazing

Wii Play is sort of like Wii sports and its only $40 and comes with a controller

Excite Truck should be cheap used now and it's pretty good

Super Mario Galaxy comes out in two weeks.

Guitar Hero III comes out next month on Wii, and I would wholeheartedly endorse that -- not only is it fun, it would encourage your kid to "act like a rock star" -- in essence run around the living room, jump up and down, etc. Get 'em some exercise!

(Says the morbidly obese dude.)

Plus it will help the younger one develop hand-eye coordination.

acutally it comes out this month. oct 28, this sunday. will probably pick it up this weekend. wooo!

Lego Star Wars for the Wii will be fun and amazing for kids and adults

Wait until February and get Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Ravin Rabbits is solid fun along with Warioware Smooth Moves. (Note: Those should really be the only minigame based games you get, everything else is kinda bland)

Super Paper Mario is also good fun though may be tough for some young uns. Don't get Red Steel It was very dissapointing

Word on Rayman. My friends and I have spent many hours playing those games.

It's great, because at first you do really good, but eventually you're laughing to hard you suck. Like that game where you have to hit bunnies in the head with the hammer, and whichever one has the biggest lump wins. You start laughing so hard you're gonna puke and then you can barely play.

It's the same thing with Wii Sports boxing.

I've never had as much fun playing video games with my friends as I have with the Wii.

I just played the demo of Super Mario Galaxy at the local gamestop. It is awesome. It plays like Mario should.

You mean just the directional pad and 2 buttons?

hahaha +1, I agree, but as far as 3-d Mario, this game feels pretty perfect so far. I loved Sunshine, but this feels more like Mario 64, but fucking wacky as hell.

Best games I've played:

*Zelda

*Warioware

*Elebits (alotof fun for 1 and 2 players...a little hectic with more)

*kororinpa(spell?) marble mania (much better 1 player than monkeyball)

*mario party (fun olny with 3 or mor people)

*trauma center (perform surgery....its really hard)

*cooking mama (fun for 2 players...esp if you've been drinking)

some games ive played so far that may be good for kids:

mario party: definately not the best mario party though

koroinpa marble mania: its definately fun in the beginning but gets old fast

cooking mama: definately a fun multiplayer game thats fairly easy to pick up and play

canrnival games: fun but also gets kind of old fast

super paper mario: fun 1 player game

wario ware

super mario strikers