alkaline trio- this addiction leaked

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the vocal melody in This Addiction is almost identical to Armageddon.

THIS ADDICTION..... ARMAGEDDONNNNNN

They're not the same at all, actually. Completely different notes, completely different phrasing. It takes Skiba two measures to sing, "This addiction," whereas in the same time period, he sings, "Armageddon, let the light in."

Then you must not be that familiar with the Alkaline Trio.

you should press a record with a 65 minute lecture familiarizing those who are not familiar with the Alkaline Trio.

Really? How many colors should I press it on? I'll deliver one specifically to your house. Then you can tell me all about what I should do.

the vocal melody in This Addiction is almost identical to Armageddon.

THIS ADDICTION..... ARMAGEDDONNNNNN

They're not the same at all, actually. Completely different notes, completely different phrasing. It takes Skiba two measures to sing, "This addiction," whereas in the same time period, he sings, "Armageddon, let the light in."

okay, maybe not identical, i could go on about how they are similar, but I dont really care that much.

you should press a record with a 65 minute lecture familiarizing those who are not familiar with the Alkaline Trio.

Really? How many colors should I press it on? I'll deliver one specifically to your house. Then you can tell me all about what I should do.

well, if you already pressed it and would be willing to hand deliver it, what more could be said? lets not get ahead of ourselves...

the pacing actually reminded me a little bit of Dead and Broken upon the first couple listens. if you sing them spliced together, it actually kind of works out:

This Addiction... down at the bottom but this bay can't keep it ... No goin' clean

maybe i'm grasping at straws there, but This Addiction definitely reminded me of another alkaline trio song when i first heard it. to me, that song was Dead and Broken.