The Iron Man game is going to be fucking SWEET.

It does have backwards compatibility, not sure what he's talking about.

If you have the option of buying a game for either system, go 360. Read reviews of multiplatform games, they're all favored for the 360. Look at some of the games too and you'll notice why. Programmer's loathe the PS3, look up interviews with Gabe Nowell from Valve for support on that.

This game may look cool, but it will suck, because it's based on the movie.

NO MOVIE GAME IS EVER GOOD!

If you have the option of buying a game for either system, go 360. Read reviews of multiplatform games, they're all favored for the 360. Look at some of the games too and you'll notice why. Programmer's loathe the PS3, look up interviews with Gabe Nowell from Valve for support on that.

Yeah, I plan on getting a 360 after I sell my Wii.

Not necessarily true. Besides, ILM gave them the digital model to use in the game. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Yeah, I was actually talking about the cheapest PS3 model to have come out that does not have backwards compatibility. If it did, I'd prollie be down. Basically I just want the cheapest Blue ray player that can also double as a console.

Yeah I am aware for the shittiness of the PS3 programming. Unfortunately Sony seems to have not learned lessons from the past *cough* Beta *cough* and still loves to hold on to thier technology and not easily share it out. I don't know why I'm still holding a small flag for them and this format though. Wait yes I do Blue ray holds an insane amount of data and from it's specs is a much superior product.

Honestly in the end I feel that Sony was too quick to launch the PS3 with the current specs. If they did this for a PS4 and made a PS3 to me more of an Xbox competitor (maybe keep the pure digital output to give them an edge), I think they would have fared a lot better. I'd imagine they could start making bux off those consoles and from the Blue Ray DVD players that they prollie would have released and then use the funds to tack on a console to that (Remember how DVD players were out before the PS2?) and in the end the parts would probably become cheaper to make. The only other thing they would need to change is their policy on making their technology available for video game developers.

Not necessarily true. Besides, ILM gave them the digital model to use in the game. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Name at least two good movie based games.

The only decent one I played in the last few years was Cars (#1 selling game last year). Don't ask why I played it, but it was kind of fun.

Name at least two good movie based games.

Goldeneye

Lego Star Wars

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

I'll give you Riddick.

However...

Goldeneye was released a year after the movie, thus eliminating the standard movie related video game.

Also, Lego Star Wars is a bit of a stretch, because the Star Wars IP is so huge and there have been countless video games based on it, they're sure to get it right once or twice. Lego Star Wars rules btw.

You did answer with three movie based games though, so you kinda got the best of me, but I was thinking a long the lines of games released at the same time as movies for hype and marketing reasons.

Look at Spider-man 3 for example, what a load of crap.

Goldeneye

Lego Star Wars

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

I'll give you Riddick.

However...

Goldeneye was released a year after the movie, thus eliminating the standard movie related video game.

Also, Lego Star Wars is a bit of a stretch, because the Star Wars IP is so huge and there have been countless video games based on it, they're sure to get it right once or twice. Lego Star Wars rules btw.

You did answer with three movie based games though, so you kinda got the best of me, but I was thinking a long the lines of games released at the same time as movies for hype and marketing reasons.

A game based on a movie is a game based on a movie, timeline and concept notwithstanding. Also, the Spider-Man 2 game was pretty fun. So was Return of the King.

I'll give you Riddick.

However...

A game based on a movie is a game based on a movie, timeline and concept notwithstanding. Also, the Spider-Man 2 game was pretty fun. So was Return of the King.

Not really, if you ask any gamer they'll know what I'm talking about. Goldeneye was loosely based on the movie from my understanding anyways (I'm not 100% sure, I've never seen an 007 movie).

Spider-man 2 was decent, but I wouldn't purchase it.

Look at the long list of movie games that are a joke, you may get lucky every once in awhile and find a gem (Riddick), but they're generally all duds (Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park [although the Sega CD game was interesting at the time], Transformers, Fantastic Four [this game looked/sounded amazing -- total flop], etc...).

Not really, if you ask any gamer they'll know what I'm talking about. Goldeneye was loosely based on the movie from my understanding anyways (I'm not 100% sure, I've never seen an 007 movie).

Spider-man 2 was decent, but I wouldn't purchase it.

Look at the long list of movie games that are a joke, you may get lucky every once in awhile and find a gem (Riddick), but they're generally all duds (Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park [although the Sega CD game was interesting at the time], Transformers, Fantastic Four [this game looked/sounded amazing -- total flop], etc...).

Well I don't really consider myself a "gamer" but I know the difference between fun and shitty. That's really all that matters.