Just got back from Motion City Soundtrack

Awesome show. All the support bands were great (minus This Providence, but whatever, they don't count).

MCS crushed it. The new songs are sooooo killer live.

Setlist:

I Am The Movie - The Future Freaks Me Out, My Favorite Accident, Perfect Teeth

Commit This To Memory - Everything Is Alright, When You're Around, Feels Like Rain, LGFUAD

Even If It Kills Me - This Is For Real, Broken Heart, Last Night, Even If It Kills Me

My Dinosaur Life - Worker Bee, A Lifeless Ordinary, Her Words Destroyed My Planet, Disappear, Delirium, Pulp Fiction, @!#?@!

The Swellers and SYG had no vinyl, but MCS were selling the new record on vinyl for $15 and they also have the deluxe edition 6x7-inch set for $60.

im going to this on 2/15. super pumped for the show and pumped that SYG's spring tour gets announced once the tour is over. they hinted at some bands but wouldnt confirm it completely

edit: thats a sweet batch of songs from MDL. id switch out worker bee for hysteria but the rest is great.

edit: thats a sweet batch of songs from MDL. id switch out worker bee for hysteria but the rest is great.

"Hysteria" is one of the songs they haven't played live yet, but they're trying to work every song off the record into this tour. Last night was the debut of "Pulp Fiction."

SYG's setlist, if anyone wants to see it:

http://twitpic.com/10618z

good setlist, even better that they replaced all the L's with R's.

but MCS's setlist is fucking awesome. i haven't seen them since they released IATM, and to this day i'm always nervous that the next time i go see them they won't play The Future Freaks Me Out, but it looks like i don't have to worry about that.

SYG's spring tour is gonna have a bunch of bands on it, it's gonna be like Gig Life II. I remember them mentioning to me Title Fight, This Time Next Year, some new band called Murdock and a bunch more.
those are who ive heard + a loss for words and the wonder years (on parts at least)

I know Jordan mentioned the Wonder Years to me, but I can't recall if he brought up ALFW or not.

SYG's setlist, if anyone wants to see it:

http://twitpic.com/10618z

good setlist, even better that they replaced all the L's with R's.

but MCS's setlist is fucking awesome. i haven't seen them since they released IATM, and to this day i'm always nervous that the next time i go see them they won't play The Future Freaks Me Out, but it looks like i don't have to worry about that.

The day MCS stops playing "The Future Freaks Me Out" will be the day they break up. I've never not seen them play that song. Usually they save that song till the end, though, but last night was interesting -- they played it second (and "MFA" third!). It got the crowd hot right away.

those are who ive heard + a loss for words and the wonder years (on parts at least)

I know Jordan mentioned the Wonder Years to me, but I can't recall if he brought up ALFW or not.

another band thats on part of that tour is make do and mend, surprised no one has mentioned the direct support yet

another band thats on part of that tour is make do and mend, surprised no one has mentioned the direct support yet

I heard this from the dudes in the MDAM but wasn't sure if it was a secret to be kept or not. Oh well.