flipping records

I used to look down on this, but I do not make much at my current job and was considering moderately getting into this so I can save up some rainy day cash. For those who do this on occasion or regularly, how worth it is it? Give me some examples of records you have flipped, the resulting profit you made, et cetera.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really flip it (or so I believe I didn't) because at the time I needed the cash to help out my dad pay hospital bills because he got diagnosed with a cancerous tumor, but I sold Circa Survive's Juturna on ebay for $224. Apparently I was the first one to do it? I don't know.

I'd say Brand New "Devil & God...". Especially for the collectors because of the color variants.

Here is another question. Let's say, hypothetically, that I purchase extra copies of this in order to "flip" them. What would be the appropriate time to put them up for sale to get optimum profit from them? Right after I receive them, or should I wait a couple years?

I'm really surprised the practice of flipping hasn't been discussed here before.

It's been brought up several times.

As a collector it sucks because if you aren't first in line for a preorder you may have to shell out a lot to get a piece. Then again, it's nice to know something you spent money on can retain value or even gain value if you ever need to sell it if you are in need of money.

I'm really surprised the practice of flipping hasn't been discussed here before.

As a collector it sucks because if you aren't first in line for a preorder you may have to shell out a lot to get a piece. Then again, it's nice to know something you spent money on can retain value or even gain value if you ever need to sell it if you are in need of money.

i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic dude.

pretty sure this was the least punk response possible.

I used to look down on this, but I do not make much at my current job and was considering moderately getting into this

It works like this, get a real job buy the music you like and don't be an asshole.

I hate when people talk about their job not paying them enough like they HAVE to keep THAT particular job. If my job didn't pay enough I would do the only logical thing, get another job. Flipping records is hardly a means to an end but if you want to put off doing something with your life that's cool. Also I like how your personal circumstances change your moral judgments about things that's cute. ::)

I hate when people talk about their job not paying them enough like they HAVE to keep THAT particular job. If my job didn't pay enough I would do the only logical thing, get another job. Flipping records is hardly a means to an end but if you want to put off doing something with your life that's cool. Also I like how your personal circumstances change your moral judgments about things that's cute. ::)

This is some of the worst advice I've ever heard. You make it sound like it's easy to just quit your job and not just find another job, but a better paying one. ha!