The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

I'll probably buy this when I get the money for selling my computer, but I don't know if I'll buy the box set or just the vinyl.

Being the guy that I am I'll probably order both, then regret slightly when I get them, but still think it's cool enough not to sell neither. ;D

The vinyl side of the CD just contains the bonus track featured on the vinyl version.

and from what I've heard about these kind of cd/vinyl combos, it will probably sound like shit.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the digipak cd has the vinyl on one side and the cd on the other, and its 17 bucks. why are they releasing it on vinyl for 22 bucks? i love DEP but i'm not sure i want to get the vinyl, if the deluxe cd will have a mini vinyl? still not sure how that works.

The vinyl side of the CD just contains the bonus track featured on the vinyl version.

oh ok that makes sense. i was wondering how they would fit the entire album on vinyl in such a tiny space. looks like i'll be picking up the cd and vinyl then

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone! first post!

i noticed that now there are two options for the vinyl, $23.99 transparent (/500) and $21.99 180 gram (/2000). since the vinyl i originally purchased was $21.99, i'm assuming that'd be the 180g one. i emailed season of mist to see if i could get my order switched to the clear one. hope they reply.

So the turning wheel is inside the sleeve

"Vinyl edition in die-cut sleeve with turning wheel inside, including bonus track and digital download card. 180g heavy weight black disc, limited to 2000 copies."

"Vinyl edition in die-cut sleeve with turning wheel inside, including bonus track and digital download card. Transparent disc edition, limited to 500 copies! "

Those who already preordered the vinyl before the clear version went up... You might want to check out your order status.

Apparently I automatically got upgraded to the Clear edition.

I would have been fine with the 180 gram, but it is also nice to get a surprise :)

Edit: I placed my order through the Seasons of the Mist site

my order says transparent even though I ordered when only the $21.99 version was available. maybe they upgraded me for also buying the box, but I doubt it. we shall see.

Mine too says transparent, and I didn't order the box and also ordered when only the 180g was available. :P

By the way, anyone know when these will be shipping?

I would have been fine with the 180 gram, but it is also nice to get a surprise :)

how good are these Season of Mist guys?! got mine automatically upgraded too.

how good are these Season of Mist guys?! got mine automatically upgraded too.

They have a crap ton of stuff I'm interested in, so I think I will be placing more orders with them in the future

Too be fair, I can only imagine the backlash from certain people who pre-ordered the record before knowing that there was going to be any variants.

There would be enough people way too pissed that they pre-ordered right away and got stuck with a less rare variant, simply because they didn't know.

Too be fair, I can only imagine the backlash from certain people who pre-ordered the record before knowing that there was going to be any variants.

There would be enough people way too pissed that they pre-ordered right away and got stuck with a less rare variant, simply because they didn't know.

Certain people meaning us collectors. :P

Certain people meaning us collectors. :P

Well not all collectors.