Band of Brothers sorta-sequel

casey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cast for The Pacific is a bunch of nobody's. Band of Brothers was full of nobody's too, but they had a handful of big names, not A-list, but still big in their own right. i was surprised Jimmy Fallon even got considered for a role let alone given one.

How dare you call Endless Mike Hellstrom a nobody!

I'm pretty stoked for this. The PTO interests me, in part because I am an army brat that grew up in Hawai'i. I'll have to wait for the DVD though.

In fairness, about Capt Sobel (Schwimmer's part), I think it's pretty clear that his asshole behavior is what made that company early on. He was not any good in a combat position, but top notch as company CO during training.

There's really nothing better than dedicating a whole weekend to watching Band Of Brothers start-to-finish. Such a fantastic story.

Exactly. It's one of those things that if it's on I HAVE to watch it. I wake up on Saturday morning with a to do list and flip on the tv and a marathon is on... there goes my weekend plans.

Weekend? Watch that shit + The DVD bonus features in one day.

the cast for The Pacific is a bunch of nobody's. Band of Brothers was full of nobody's too, but they had a handful of big names, not A-list, but still big in their own right. i was surprised Jimmy Fallon even got considered for a role let alone given one.

Donnie Wahlberg as Lipton was fucking phenomenal. I think he shined in this series. He was always the go to guy in most cases. I don't see how he doesn't get bigger roles because of his part in this series.

Donnie Wahlberg as Lipton was fucking phenomenal. I think he shined in this series. He was always the go to guy in most cases. I don't see how he doesn't get bigger roles because of his part in this series.

Because he was in NKOTB.

Donnie > Markie Mark

What's wrong with you? Basketball Diaries, The Big hit, And his great roll in the departed. Plus he talks to animals.

All donnie ever did was get a good roll in an HBO series and shoot bruce willis.

You forgot Fear. Saw part of this for the first time in a long time the other morning.

Donnie > Markie Mark

What's wrong with you? Basketball Diaries, The Big hit, And his great roll in the departed. Plus he talks to animals.

All donnie ever did was get a good roll in an HBO series and shoot bruce willis.

Yo, donkey. So you're a donkey, huh? What's that like? Say hello to your mother for me.