Lucero re-presses?

Japes

I've always thought Tennessee was widely considered their best album, but I have to agree with a lot of people here that I like their S/T the best. Whoever said most people want their first three albums is spot on. Now I like all of their albums, but to me anyways there's no denying the sheer awesomeness of S/T, Tennessee, Attic Tapes, and TMFW. I guess I kind of thought they were trying to prove something with Nobody's Darlings and in a way it put me off to that album a little. Their last two have been very nice albums but they don't affect me like some of their earlier work.

I love it all, Ben's voice is one of my favorites of all time and fits the music they make so well.

Yes, indeed. Lucero's best traits are their twang and Ben's voice.

Also, I wish these would just fucking come out already. All of them at once. :(

I've been getting all pumped up for the show coming up by listening to their music all day long haha.

It just makes me want the vinyl more.

I dig it all, for the most part. I wish they would have started at the beginning with the represses, too, though, since the other stuff is relatively recent. And off the Lucero topic, but anyone else stoked that Sabot is putting out another Moneybrother release on vinyl? I sure as hell am...

Bumping a dead thread to say I met Ben Nichols at the show last night,

got a picture, asked him about the vinyl.

He said they'd all definitely be coming out but it'd "take some time."

So, hearing it from the man himself, I'm pretty stoked all over again.

Although I didn't dispute the announcement that they'd all be coming out. Haha.

• 3 years later...

Bumping thread because Sabot Tweeted this earlier today

We're doing a special vinyl version of Lucero's "Tennessee" album for the Lucero Family Picnic in August. Tix here: http://bit.ly/17cEB9K 

Bummed I don't live close enough to go to that show, if anyone is going and would be willing to pick up an extra copy and mail it, it would be greatly appreciated.  If not I'm assuming a less special version of the record will be released by Sabot too.  Glad this is finally getting a repress and Sabot's work with TMFW was top quality too, really excited to see how this one turns out.

Here's the info from the band

LUCERO are happy to announce a very limited edition reissue of TENNESSEE on vinyl! That's right... only a few copies (500 TOTAL) of this rare gem will be produced and they will be available for the first time at the Lucero Family Picnic 2013. This limited edition reissue is a unique offering to fans attending the Lucero Family Picnic and it commemorates the bands first-ever performance of "Tennessee" in it's entirety. Lucero guitarist Brian Venable will be hand numbering each piece. This edition will contain unique and specific artwork that will be on this limited-edition version only...

Please note: once they're gone, they're gone. A wider reissue of Tennessee is being planned for sometime in the future, but for now: this is it. The Lucero Family Picnic edition TENNESSEE reissue will be available for sale at the Lucero Family Picnic on August 10th 2013. We presume these will sell out at the picnic. Thank you!

• 2 months later...