The "Things that make your head explode" thread

I'll start. I just got the following reader email regarding the review I wrote for the new Angels & Airwaves disc (I gave it a 2.5/5):

First of all, u guys made a great magazine and even u sometimes make or put bands that i dont like, u deserve more than u r getting, anyway, i kan pass an hour talking and writting how good and great ur mag is so, instead of that, ill go to the point of this mail, i really tought Scott Heisel was a good writter, and it is, but how kan b possible that AVA gets 2 and a half stars?, maybe he's into "Whisper era" kos, reading the review, i just kant find anything that tells me about the cd, who believe it or not, and konsidering that im a fan since 96 (well since m&m's but here in mexiko, was more difikult to get their musik), may sounds like an angry fan saying things just to feel more fan than ever, but im very "open" so, i wanted to read more about the songs not just read "the song remains the same-for about an hour straight", well ill put 3 and a half stars kos even that im a fan, i think its even more awesome than "Whisper", Tom grew as a wrtitter, as a person, as a father, in every single angle he grew, and dispite of all, the suking fans of blink (wich all we know its divided into the Ava side to the +44 side), so i dunno, maybe im just writting without knowing , or just killing some time, but, i just needed to say that im very dissapointed bout the review so, givin and writting some of my angryness (jeje), i just want to kongrats all of u, that made possible than even in this kountry, (below u), its kool to find a mag, that really makes me write or buy a dvd of anime, play some guitar hero, or even read bad reviews...

[image]

Your turn!

stupid people make my head explode. also, when people say "are we keeping you up" when I yawn. fuck you.

on a different note, I like the new Angels and Airwaves. It's poppy and catchy, it does sound like the same song over and over, but it's good working music. it's much better than their first one.

hey scott how often do you get mail like that? i know reviewing albums can be rough in such a large publication. i just figured you would get angry emails all the time because for slamming someone's favorite band. I would say you gotta have tough skin to be a writter, but if all the complaints came in that form i guess you laugh it off more than get angry about it.

Good stuff. what an idiot.

As far as shit that makes my head explode...

I hate when people are talking to me and they use the phrase "To be honest with you"...that just burns me up. I always cut them off aftere saying that and say "No, please lie to me!"

well, to be honest with you, i just can't lie to you.

;)

i hate it when people don't flush toilets in public restrooms. and i hate it when people use words like "gay" or "faggot" as terms of degradation.

oh and the new angels and airwaves song? i can't help but think of the cure. and some corny commercial promoting a magic show.

As far as shit that makes my head explode...

I hate when people are talking to me and they use the phrase "To be honest with you"...that just burns me up. I always cut them off aftere saying that and say "No, please lie to me!"

Haha, I say that. But it's because I'm a really good bullshitter.

I'll start. I just got the following reader email regarding the review I wrote for the new Angels & Airwaves disc (I gave it a 2.5/5):
First of all, u guys made a great magazine and even u sometimes make or put bands that i dont like, u deserve more than u r getting, anyway, i kan pass an hour talking and writting how good and great ur mag is so, instead of that, ill go to the point of this mail, i really tought Scott Heisel was a good writter, and it is, but how kan b possible that AVA gets 2 and a half stars?, maybe he's into "Whisper era" kos, reading the review, i just kant find anything that tells me about the cd, who believe it or not, and konsidering that im a fan since 96 (well since m&m's but here in mexiko, was more difikult to get their musik), may sounds like an angry fan saying things just to feel more fan than ever, but im very "open" so, i wanted to read more about the songs not just read "the song remains the same-for about an hour straight", well ill put 3 and a half stars kos even that im a fan, i think its even more awesome than "Whisper", Tom grew as a wrtitter, as a person, as a father, in every single angle he grew, and dispite of all, the suking fans of blink (wich all we know its divided into the Ava side to the +44 side), so i dunno, maybe im just writting without knowing , or just killing some time, but, i just needed to say that im very dissapointed bout the review so, givin and writting some of my angryness (jeje), i just want to kongrats all of u, that made possible than even in this kountry, (below u), its kool to find a mag, that really makes me write or buy a dvd of anime, play some guitar hero, or even read bad reviews...

[image]

Your turn!

I'm surprised this person isn't a member of the AP boards...

There are some signs at Great America that make my head explode. I can't remember them right now, but something along the lines of please stay in line if you want to buy something but if you don't you can rejoin the line if people have you are with bought something, but after purchase....

something like that, i think it's the andy translation....

People at work who...

...don't understand that the huge rotating door is automatic; and is asking you to "please step forward" because one of your two dumbass friends is too close to the back door which has sensors to stop it from spinning if you stop walking. Otherwise it won't stop spinning until you're out of it. Where are they in such a rush to that they need to squeeze three of themselves inbetween the sme two door panels? Everyone keeps walking forward for another step or two, and it stops, and asks them again. They walk tripping all over themselves getting through this door becuase they cant grasp the concept of 'one at a time'. I have been through the door many times, and of course with no trouble. Even the first time. This is of course right in the lobby 20ft away from the entrance to the restaurant I work at. It gets on my nerves really badly.

...don't bother walking more than two steps into the lounge/bar area, don't immediately see the bar, and turn around and ask where it is. These two steps are two small (but wide) steps up to the left of the restaurant entrance and then if you walk another five into this room in which you'll have already seen tvs and people drinking, you will see the bar is just hiding around the corner. I think people are just babies for the most part, or maybe just lazy, I don't know. Having this same situation occur 10-20 times night is painful.

since i work in the media and have an unhealthy obsession/anger about people who have poor grammar, spelling, and writing. so the biggest annoyance in the world to me is when people use the word "literally" as a way to express emphasis instead of its proper use. saying "i literally almost died when she said that" does not mean what you think it means!

[image]

Guest falloutcollapse

I wrote you that e-mail Scott.

Also, my head almost exploded last night, but in a good way. I was waiting in line to see Thursday (zomg fanboy) and Geoff and Andrew just kind of nonchalantly walked out of the bus and stood next to me. They talked to me for about 45 minutes, and then got me inside the venue before the signing so I could talk to them some more and use the bathroom. Geoff is my hero, mind you, and I got to have an hour and a half long conversation with him. Plus, Thursday tore shit up, and Geoff let me scream the "9 to 5" parts in For the Workforce. Tucker and Steve found me walking to my car to give me a pair of drumsticks and a setlist. Best night ever.

"PIX or it didn't happen"

[image]