PO: JAWBREAKER "Unfun" LP (12 songs) w/ download c

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing from "Dear You" should be on a list of best Jawbreaker songs. That album never should have happened. Some decent tracks, but such a disappointment.

Oh whatever, I fucking love Dear You.

And yesss, ordered.

agreed. Dear You is one of my favorites

Oh whatever, I fucking love Dear You.

And yesss, ordered.

agreed. Dear You is one of my favorites

Agreed. Dismissing Dear You is one of the biggest mistakes someone could make. I was so happy when the reissues came out, and it was so much easier to share with people after being out of print for 10 years.

Nothing from "Dear You" should be on a list of best Jawbreaker songs. That album never should have happened. Some decent tracks, but such a disappointment.

...great, one of those guys showed up

What, someone with an opinion different that yours? Sucks, I know.

Anyway, everyone I knew liked Jawbreaker when they were around. I used to squeeze 15 or so in the back of truck to make the 90 minute drive to Gilman every other month when they would play. I don't know anyone who liked "Dear You" better than anything else they did when it was released.

It hasn't aged that great either. The 90s production sounds dated. Too many guitar tracks. Vocals are too clean and sound somewhat uninspired. Lyrically, some songs are lesser versions of previous songs ("West Bay Invitational" v. "Bad Scene, Everyone's Fault."

Where the album works best is with the slower, sadder songs ("Jet Black", "Accident Prone".) But otherwise, the album is pretty much a bummer.

Dear You gets a lot of shit. I hated it at first. I hated hearing the songs live. I hated the album. It took about 5 years or so for me to start liking Dear You and now I absolutely love it.

Man, I'm old.

hickey, funny thing is I did the same thing. Bought the album and ended up returning it for credit because I just didn't like it. Years later, my roommate was playing it and it just sounded amazing. I now love the album.

hickey, funny thing is I did the same thing. Bought the album and ended up returning it for credit because I just didn't like it. Years later, my roommate was playing it and it just sounded amazing. I now love the album.

I think it was just one of those albums. I had such high expectations coming off of 24 Hour Revenge Therapy that I was really bummed when I first heard it. Then around 2000 I started listening to it again and it was pretty good. By 2005 it was great. It took an entire decade for me, but I love Dear You now.

I'm gonna disagree with everyone about "dear you". And everyone knows how much of a jawbreaker fan i am. While i love Dear You and just about anything Jawbreaker.

I'm partial to BIVOUAC. There I said it!!!

It had everything a person could ask for in a album. Probably some of my fav poetic songs ever written by them (Chesterfield King, Bivouac, Shield Your Eyes, and Tour Song). It was full of nervous, self deprecating, emotion. From the beginning feedback of "Shield Your Eyes" to the grating dissonance of "Bivouac". Which by the way was usually their finale during their live sets (and probably one of my favorite live songs to date). When i think of "chesterfield king" i imagine a music video playing in my head. And anyone who's ever toured before could totally understand where blake is coming from on "TOUR SONG". Overall, It was raw and energetic. nothing over the top with production, like "24 Hour" or "Dear You". It was fuckin' real and honest. And that's why i loved it so...

This one's a no-brainer for anyone with ears. I have 3 copies of this already but would buy this even if it was pressed like one of those cardboard records that came with Alf toys at Burger King in 1988.

ditto. Ridiculously happy about this re-release. Going nuts about the documentary. I'm ready to front some cash to get that completed.

Nice perk: First repress of 2000 will be on colored vinyl.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=20444325&blogId=529725962

edit: with a variety of clear or green

does anyone know if the pre-orders through vinyl collective will be the colored vinyl?

I am pretty sure the entire pressing will be on the same color of vinyl.