PO: Streetlight Manifesto - 99 Songs...

david

"The first volume in the 99 Songs of Revolution series, this one by Streetlight Manifesto. Eleven covers, from eleven artists. This ships on or maybe a day or two before 3/16/10."

can some one fill me in on this series? if it is one. so if i am reading this right, this is vol. one of nine? that will continue with other artists up to nine? and is it victory putting this out which means only victory bands will be doing this? any info, i am very interested in this.

its supposed to be 2 from streetlight, 2 from botar, then four more from two other related bands?

something like that

edit: that doesn't add up right but who knows

Yeah, you had it right. There's a plan of having 8 albums with a total of 99 cover songs all together. All 4 bands with have a mixture of the members of Streetlight but they will be different styles. There was a really old announcement (2003?) about a straight up punk band called Man Bites Dog. This might be one of the two yet unnamed bands. The project is attempting to cover songs in new styles/genres. Tomas Kalnoky also made mention of covering traditional European folk songs after translating them into English. This should be a pretty ambitious project, and with their track record, expect the records before 2030.

They're talking about international shipping

like we care about them or their problems ::)

enjoy your islands and dragons.

five more? idk... this is bugging the hell out of me now!

you obviously don't want or have not cared about this at all in any sense as much as some of us until now.

I hope you didn't order because you just can't enjoy this record by itself without having a full set of albums because you just now found out this is a set even though its been talked about for years and years.

• 2 weeks later...
five more? idk... this is bugging the hell out of me now!

you obviously don't want or have not cared about this at all in any sense as much as some of us until now.

I hope you didn't order because you just can't enjoy this record by itself without having a full set of albums because you just now found out this is a set even though its been talked about for years and years.

obviously. never heard about it. don't really like the band. just think this is pretty cool. sorry for trying to get into something.

• 1 month later...